Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You may have seen my previous post looking for help finding a replacement wiper motor. Mine went south due to a bad seal between the motor and gearbox, and when I opened it water came pouring out. I found a replacement from PartsMarket.com. Very good place to order from, and received it in 3 days. As I was cleaning up the cowling area where the wiper motor and linkage reside, I found out how so much water ended up in the motor. There is a drain plug in the bottom of the tray, under the motor, that was plugged up with leaves and debris that gets washed into the cowling area over time. With all the recent rains we've had in CO. it made a water pool all around the motor, making the bad seal not stand a chance. I recommend taking a look and as preventative maintenance clean out that little rubber drain under the motor. It's hard to see without removing the wipers, plastic cover and motor/linkage. You can squeeze the bottom side of the drain to try and clear it out, if you reach up behind the air intake box, but to properly clean it out the wiper system needs to come out from the top. Hope this helps everyone avoid the problems I recently went through.

Attachments

·
Registered
401 Posts
Good to know! I'm going to be checking mine....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts