Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Turns out you can install armrests on the bench seats. The drivers side of the 2 seat, passenger side of the jumper and both sides of the 3 seat have the mounting brackets welded into the seats already. It also appears that you could add the bracket to the passenger side of the 2 seat with a little zap from a welder as the hole is there for it.

For this I used a set of driver and passenger front armrests that I bought from a recycler but they can also be purchased from MB.

- Locate the square mount in the seat back and mark
- I used a piece of sharpened tube and a piece of wood slid up behind and punched through the leatherette. The foam also needs to be cut. The foam is easy to tear so be careful with the wood piece
- after the hole was cut I did a test fit and the bolt would not engage the threads at the bottom of the mount.
- I made a 18mm stand off with some tube that I threaded and a bolt that I loctited into the tube. Thread is M8x1.25
- repeated on the passenger side

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you, thank you for the DIY! Have been wondering about going about this upgrade. Can't figure why Mercedes omitted this feature. Cost? Complication? Dropped the ball in my view. My 2018 Passenger has finally arrived after 6 month wait and we LOVE it. Full report coming!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts