Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I am new to the forum and first time post. I took a chance and bought a salvaged 2016 cargo van really cheap. It has a blown steering wheel airbag, and physical body damage to the right mid and rear quarter. The current issue I am trying to figure out is why the front passenger door latching mechanism will not actuate to lock the door. I have not yet replaced the blown airbag or cleared the airbag fault codes. There is no visible damage to the door or frame that I can tell. Does anyone know if activation of the collision sensor and airbag is causing the door to remain in open position? BTW: the van runs and most everything seems to work, with exception of the check engine light is on. I have not driven it on the road as yet because it is not registered.

·
Registered
209 Posts
The current issue I am trying to figure out is why the front passenger door latching mechanism will not actuate to lock the door.
Your Title says door will not close, your message says will not lock, which is exactly the problem? Does it close but not lock?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Let me try to be a little more specific and technical. When I shut the door, the locking assembly does not rotate and lock on to the striker to keep the door shut. I will upload some pics as soon as I figure out how to.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did you ever figure out your issue? I have the same problem on my driver’s side door.

I can slam the door, or lightly close it - either way the latch doesn’t “catch” to keep the door closed.

When playing with the passenger side mechanism with the door open, the latch arm rotates down and clicks into place closed. The drivers side mechanism is missing the click/catch when the latch arm is rotated down.

I have checked the striker plate loop alignment on both sides, and it is still perfectly aligned in the center of the latch, and have gratuitously cleaned and greased the mechanism.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts