Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just replaced mine, thanks for the tips. I bought this
API Cabin Air Filter Part Number: 140397-07723880 from Partsgeek
17 2017 Mercedes Metris Cabin Air Filter - Air Intake - API, Airmatic, Corteco, Ecogard, Hengst, Mahle, Pronto, Front, Rear - PartsGeek
...and it fits with a little extra force but it doesn't have the cutout that the one I removed had (micronAir CC1493 / 126 9). Next time I'll be sure to find a filter that has the same cutout.

this is the OLD filter showing the "cutout" I'm referring to at the top.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Hi all:

I just replaced my cabin air filter off-schedule, mainly to check-up on debris in the system and to assure myself the dealer actually did what they said they would. It was just as much a contortion-requiring hassle as my other cars. I particularly resent the hidden T-20's!

I did notice there is a "sided-ness" to the cabin air filter, not mentioned earlier in this thread. As you can see from the picture below, the dealer had mis-installed the filter with the two small holes at the top facing the driver's side. As a result, the filter did not fit fore and aft (up and down) and they had to jam it in. The two little holes should face the passenger side, opposite of the pic. Then it fits just nicely.

I did not have much debris in the filter box. Factory filter.

Automotive tire Tread Road surface Wood Synthetic rubber

21 - 25 of 25 Posts