Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On pass side, take t30 and remove 2 silver screws holding fusebox on firewall. Pull to side. Then take t20 and remove 3 screws holding front underdash cover. 1 is visible, the other 2 are recessed. Right side stays behind kick panel. Tip: cover floor now. Turn 2 quarterturn screws to release cover. Drain stays on cover. Remove and replace filter. Reinstallation is reverse of removal. :grin:

Figure A:

Figure B: My filter after 10k

I highly suggest you do it (yearly)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I was looking around the other day to see if I could find out where the filter was hidden.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I agree annually is the way to go with this filter I did however find another filter that will fit if you have trouble getting one from your Mercedes dealer my Mercedes dealer wanted $70 for the filter I found another one it was offered with carbon impregnation or not so you do have choices I'm including a part number here with this at parts geek of this help someone
PN 80005227 with charcoal it's @ $30

Chuck

·
Registered
42 Posts
I understand that the passenger vans with dual A/C also have a REAR filter?!...
Ummmm where the heck is that located and how would one change it?? Seems like it MAY be the same part number as the front, but can't seem to get anything confirmed on this or even find an obvious location for it on my passenger van...

·
Registered
258 Posts
It is behind the panel in the left rear corner and I believe the part number is 0008351500. I found it on mercedespartscenter for $11.50/$7.83

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey thanks Howvood! Would you know how to pull that panel off without screwing anything up? Can't see any obvious fasteners and would hate to just pull on stuff and mess something up!

·
Registered
258 Posts
I used a plastic wedge but a wooden wedge works. Work it from the bottom. The bottom has two pins that fit into plastic retainers. Pop them out and the cover lifts off

·
Registered
5 Posts
Metris cabin filter

Thanks for posting. Just did my cabin filter change and your instructions were on the ball. Will Rabs

·
Registered
2018, MB Metris Passenger Van, 8 seats
10 Posts
Do you by chance have the P/N for the cabin filter?
My dealership gave me the following two part numbers for the Dust Filters:

- main/front system: MB part # 447-830-01-00 CAN$ 38.76 + Tax

- rear/passenger system: MB part # 000-835-15-00 CAN$ 21.05 + Tax

I will have to do the exchange soon and hopefully post some pictures for the rear one at that point for reference

Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Amazon says the Hengst E4930LI Cabin Air Filter fits as the Metris front filter. An Amazon vendor has it at present at $20.36 with free shipping...though of course Amazon pricing changes day to day.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Seems like a much better price.

It appears that the Diesel Parts Online price is exclusive of shipping and handling, whereas the Amazon price is for receipt by Friday. So, maybe they're not so dissimilar once fully priced out.

I ordered one from Amazon, so I'll be able to ascertain for sure whether it's a front or rear filter-fit, or possibly neither.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I used a plastic wedge but a wooden wedge works. Work it from the bottom. The bottom has two pins that fit into plastic retainers. Pop them out and the cover lifts off
sorry can you post a pic on where exactly is the location for the rear filter is located?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks for the tutorial Robb. Just got mine from Amazon yesterday. I got an aftermarket one. EcoGar XC10575C with Activated carbon odor eliminator. Paid $23.

·
Registered
2018, MB Metris Passenger Van, 8 seats
10 Posts
For the rear AC cabin filter exchange I found this great installation manual by MANN filters that requires no further explanation....

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts