Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog decided to chew my new Metris key. Has anyone ever taken one apart?
The circuitry is good but the part that goes into the ignition is messed up. I am hoping I can switch out circuit boards, but it looks like MB made this key irreparable.:crying:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks DerDichter!
I think I will give it a try.
It took a bit of work, but I finally accessed the control board. The Metris Key seems to be glued together, so no way to reassemble (Unless I re-glue it). With any luck it will fit the replacement key fob.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
There is a door. Remove the metal key, turn it 180 degrees without moving it, and reinsert about .5 inches. This will release the battery door which is seperate.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@Sadragna,
I was referring to accessing the control board. I looked at various YouTube vids and saw that previous MB fobs had a way to extract the control board, not the Metris fob.
In order to separate the two sides, I pried them carefully apart. From what I could see, the two halves are glued together as there is no tab or notch locking the two together.
I really hate it when manufacturers make it purposely difficult to repair something that is so small and prone to damage. God knows they make enough on the larger repairs that few independent repair shops can perform.
Oh, well...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts