Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Depends on the bike I suppose but I had an old Yamaha enduro bike in mine. It will only fit with the 2 seat in the middle.

·
Registered
82 Posts
It is unlikely that it will fit straight in or be really tight. In my cargo version, my CRF100 has about 2.5 feet of space behind it. A 250+ is usually longer. You may be able to put it in diagonally.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It would be the only thing that will make me walk away from the Metris . I do not own so I can’t measure .
Thanks

·
Registered
228 Posts
It would be a Yamaha 250f 2019
I don't think it would work. I've the cargo and my wheel chock is up to the partition, it puts the front wheel 4-5 inches behind th seat. The seat almost touches the partition. The rear wheel is exactly 10 inches from the rear door. 2018 KTM 450 and same with my 300. Nice bike by the way.

One thing you could do is, provided you have a receiver, is put a versa haul on the back. I've used one when I used my wife's X3. And going to use it this year on the metris going to California...will have a buddies back on the back. I'll camp across country, so ill still have room to sleep inside. We are doing the La-Barstow-vegas race.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everybody
Hopefully the add the longer wheelbase to the passenger soon or I might have to remove the seats once a week but it’s probably worth it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I don't think it would work. I've the cargo and my wheel chock is up to the partition, it puts the front wheel 4-5 inches behind th seat. The seat almost touches the partition. The rear wheel is exactly 10 inches from the rear door. 2018 KTM 450 and same with my 300. Nice bike by the way.

One thing you could do is, provided you have a receiver, is put a versa haul on the back. I've used one when I used my wife's X3. And going to use it this year on the metris going to California...will have a buddies back on the back. I'll camp across country, so ill still have room to sleep inside. We are doing the La-Barstow-vegas race.
You may want to get a hitch riser for the carrier if you go that route. I have a MotoTote, and it was just too low to the ground with the OEM hitch. I bought the Apex 4" riser, which had the highest tongue weight rating I could find, 500 lbs. It makes a huge difference when going over bumps or driveways.

·
Registered
1 Posts
do you have to compress the forks to roll in with the clam shell single hatch ?

my ktm is 52" to throttle housing, and measured opening is 48" high.

Thanks MV

1 - 13 of 13 Posts