Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I ordered my Metris LWB cargo with a crap load of options on September 25th, 2021. It was built the last 10 days of January and arrived in the US at the end of March. It arrived exactly as I ordered it which my salesman tells me is quite unusual. I paid MSRP and took delivery on May 19th. My salesman texted me that the van was here. I asked him for proof so he sent me this shot. I'm glad I waited.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Nice! Is that standard, premium or metallic blue?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I ordered my Metris LWB cargo with a crap load of options on September 25th, 2021. It was built the last 10 days of January and arrived in the US at the end of March. It arrived exactly as I ordered it which my salesman tells me is quite unusual. I paid MSRP and took delivery on May 19th. My salesman texted me that the van was here. I asked him for proof so he sent me this shot. I'm glad I waited. View attachment 21395
Those wheels look amazing on the van. When they came out on the 2014 S-class I fell in love with them. My recent order just placed few weeks ago I went with 16” alloy because I wanted the best possible ride quality but now when I see these I’m not sure that made the right decision. Are those Hankook tires? 235/55r17?
Did anyone have a chance to drive passenger van with 16” and 17” wheels?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
That is cavansite blue metallic. It was optional. I wanted a paint with a clearcoat.
Smart move. I have the base Navy Blue (which was not an upcharge in 2018, they only had two grades of paint). I think it looks great, but I wish it had clearcoat. I've been ceramic coating it as needed, but any appreciable polishing leaves blue paint on my buffer.

The paint on the hood takes the most abuse (I have black bumper covers) and (in 36,000 miles) has about 5 to 10 minor chips which I haven't bothered touching up.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Update: End of March, I ended up ordering a 2022 PV from a dealership with an allocation for August at a $1k markup. Mid-May, another dealership called with a 2021 PV that a customer had canceled - but they refused to budge on the $5k markup. So I decided to wait. Right now, I have a PO# and an August 20 build date. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Update: End of March, I ended up ordering a 2022 PV from a dealership with an allocation for August at a $1k markup. Mid-May, another dealership called with a 2021 PV that a customer had canceled - but they refused to budge on the $5k markup. So I decided to wait. Right now, I have a PO# and an August 20 build date. Fingers crossed!
I would definitely not buy anything from that dealership. If they have the exact van on the lot because someone didn’t wanted and they want to charge $1k over MSRP I understand your decision. If you’re using it for business, you make that $1k easily in a few weeks vs waiting for an order. But waiting plus paying over MSRP??? What’s your geographic region? When I got my last vehicle I went 400 miles south because they wanted my business. 15% off MSRP. Dealer wants $5k markup for a 2021 model when it’s almost 2023MY??? Are they drinking for antidepressants?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Why did you agree on a $1,000 markup? I would definitely not buy anything from that dealership. If they have the exact van on the lot because someone didn’t wanted so and they want to charge $1k over MSRP I understand your decision. If you’re using it for business, you make that $1k easily in a few weeks vs waiting for an order. But waiting plus paying over MSRP??? What’s your geographic region? Can’t you find other dealer? When I got my last vehicle I went 400 miles south because they wanted my business. 15% off MSRP. Dealer wants $5k markup for a 2021 model when it’s almost 2023MY??? Are they drinking for antidepressants?
I've easily spent 60 hours on the phone with dealerships across the US since February trying to order a van. It's worth $1k to me to avoid another 60 hours of calling around.
I'm in California, but I've called dealerships all over the country - from NY to FL to PA to TX to AZ and everywhere in between.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've easily spent 60 hours on the phone with dealerships across the US since February trying to order a van. It's worth $1k to me to avoid another 60 hours of calling around.
I'm in California, but I've called dealerships all over the country - from NY to FL to PA to TX to AZ and everywhere in between.
Makes sense now. I wish MBUSA have a tool in hands to penalize unethical dealerships.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts