Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband and I are trying to purchase a specific used Metris from a dealership which is hours away. I am unable to travel that far to sign paperwork in person due to disability, but my husband has gone down there.

The finance guy at the dealership is telling us that they can not sell to us using my excellent credit rating without me going there in person. He stated that it is against Mercedes-Benz Financial Services' policy to allow signatures by fax even with a notary. Yet, everyone else is telling me that dealers do this all the time, including Mercedes dealerships.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
FINALLY got an answer from them, and the dealership finance guy has decided to make a 'special exception' for my husband despite his having almost no credit history. So we now own a 2016 Metris with 5k miles on it which has the options we need!!
<br /><br />
I can't post this without mentioning that I'm still fuming that they will not let me have the vehicle I am purchasing for my disability even partially in my name despite an 800 credit rating which I worked my tail off to get. I truly think this guy was lying out his a** about not being able to accept my signature remotely.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I'm sure they are just covering their rear end. I can tell you, dealers want to sell vehicles...that's what they do. They will do about anything for a sale. There has been a lot of fraud in the last 10 years, so they are on guard. Congrats on your van.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I bought my 2014 Sprinter, financed it through M-B and never set foot in the dealership 400 miles away.... Purchase and finance agreements were over night Fed Ex Courier back and forth. I signed the paperwork at home and then returned it. The van was then delivered to my door and my 2008 Sprinter trade in driven back.

My local M-B dealer is 70 miles away and I went there to price Metris Cargo today. I also priced 4 other vans by phone at dealers 200-400 miles away. All assured me that I could do everything from home and have the van delivered to my door. Your dealer was the "exception", not the rule.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Nice GML, making new friends I see...

I had a similar experience, when I bought my GLK it was in Corpus Christi, TX, and I was in KCMO. I had good credit score, but short history (Had been in the US for about 1 and a half year at the time and on a teporary working visa). A good friend of mine worked at a sister dealership and was good firends with the finiancing guy, he was able to push my credit pass the regular objections I was getting at other dealers, but they were not able to ship it to me, they wanted my a$$ there at pick up to sign the final papers, maybe just making 100% sure I was me.

It sucked to fly there and make the non-stop 15-hour drive but I had a car my credit history couldn't buy anywhere so not too bad!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Greenmanedlion.....lol.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
No seriously, this is the same same person who went on a rant about how the Metris couldn’t tow, refused to believe the excessive sway was due to too much tongue weight, and described how her “experienced” trailer driver said so, while driving in the left lane (with too much sway!) on the Pennsylvania Turnpike where the speed limit is 70, average right lane speed is 75 and the left lane does 80+. And most travel trailers have 65mph rated tires.

Her credibility is worth designating questionable.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Meshuga = crazy. Meshugass = craziness. Meshugna= crazy person.

Kvetch= literally to crush. It can be a verb, meaning to complain. It can also be a noun, referring to a person who complains, endlessly, often about things of limited consequence, and often in spite of a positive feeling about the overall subject.

Example: I went to this hot dog place, and it was... good. But the ketchup, it wasn't spread evenly, and the mustard, it was Nathan's, not that good Guldens stuff you get at Max's. And the sauerkraut? Those schmucks, in the crock pot they kept the Sauerkraut, not in a pot on the stove the way they do at Max's. But a good hot dog they had!

·
Registered
248 Posts
No seriously, this is the same same person who went on a rant about how the Metris couldn’t tow, refused to believe the excessive sway was due to too much tongue weight, and described how her “experienced” trailer driver said so, while driving in the left lane (with too much sway!) on the Pennsylvania Turnpike where the speed limit is 70, average right lane speed is 75 and the left lane does 80+. And most travel trailers have 65mph rated tires.

Her credibility is worth designating questionable.
You're right! I didin't catch it was the same person. I don't know her, but judging by what she wrote on the towing problems post, I would definitely have hated the **** out of her had I ran in to her on the left lane with a swaying trailer LMAO:grin:

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
It is common sense:

Patient: Doctor, it hurts when I do this!
Doctor: Don’t do that.

When driving a car at a given speed seems unsafe, you slow down, right? You don’t keep going that speed while ranting about how unsafe it feels!

When I first started doing flea markets with a Ford van years ago, I knew nothing about loading a vehicle. I loaded it with heavy stuff in back and up high. When I pulled out, it felt as nuts as that sounds; I pulled off, and figured it out (heavy foward and low, light rear and high- I was embarrassed I didn’t figure that out as I was loading) and went on my way. I arrived a tad late, but alive. Actually, I eventually switched to using self stacking bins, and those bins were numbered and had specific places and stacking orders.

I also remember the first time I rented a box truck for a special. I was a moron that time too- I loaded my high value high profit items first, then picked up a huge load of used uniform pants (bought for .40 each, sold 6 pair $5 in bundles by waist size -you cut your own length- these were intended as disposable for people who did dirty work). That was a total fail as a product line- I thought it was a great idea- you put it on to do mechanic or sewer or whatever work, and at the end of the day, you ash can it. But it apparently didn’t appeal for that, and got picky poor people looking for cheap pants. Anyway, that of course meant I had to unload 5000 lbs of worthless pants to get to the stuff I actually wanted to sell.

My point is, I get the mistake, I get the inexperience. We are all inexperienced before experience. I don’t get blaming the van, and I don’t get insisting on driving at unsafe speeds in a rig you yourself feel is unsafe.

I don’t get all the people towing trailers with low speed trailer tires in the left lane at speeds greatly exceeding the tires rating, even if they do have it behaving properly. And I sure as **** dont get the people doing that with light unloaded utility trailers with the thing hopping left and right wheels alternatingly off the ground.

I’m not going to say that towing a trailer is terrifying, in any vehicle, but you are always conscious of the articulated weight in the back and the potential for it to move independently of the tow vehicle. So not really fear, but certainly respect is needed.

Sort of like driving a swing axle 911. It’s not scary if you know how- ****, it has to be one of the funnest cars to drive ever made. But you respect that if you screw up you are going to find yourself with the engine ahead of your intended direction... staring from whence you came.

·
Registered
271 Posts
The same kind of car owners who do zero maintenance on their vehicle then blame the manufacturer for making unreliable cars.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts