Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

Deactivate parking lights when accessories ON

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  MOWO 
#1 ·
I’m looking to install an auxiliary battery for camping purpose and use the van‘s climate control blower when camping.
I will switch from the main battery to the auxiliary deep cycle through a basic battery switch.

Once the van is powered by the deep cycle battery, I need to turn the key to ON position in order to start the climate control’s fan blower. When the key is in this position, parking lights must be deactivated. Is there a known way to shut them off? I don’t find the right fuse for the exterior lights in the chart.

Thanks!

#3 ·
I fear that when the key is in position 1, lots of invisible systems are going to draw power, like the car is on stand-by ready to go, and it will drain the main battery considerably ...

And, as far as the parking lights, there may not be an override, if MB considers that a safety feature to indicate the vehicle is occupied by the side of the road ...

#4 ·
I’m looking to install an auxiliary battery for camping purpose and use the van‘s climate control blower when camping.
I will switch from the main battery to the auxiliary deep cycle through a basic battery switch.

Once the van is powered by the deep cycle battery, I need to turn the key to ON position in order to start the climate control’s fan blower. When the key is in this position, parking lights must be deactivated. Is there a known way to shut them off? I don’t find the right fuse for the exterior lights in the chart.

Thanks!
Buy something else! If it's a 2019-20 you need to send parts back to Germany it's a nightmare and most likely you will void the warranty there's an aftermarket place in Cali (PeaceVans)and some cat in NYC that's on here alot says he has magic skills for remote start

#6 ·
Have you considered a roof fan? Maxxfan Deluxe 7500k is the way to go. Like others said, having the ignition in the ON position will have lots of stuff powered up along with the fan blower. The parking lights are a 8-10watt draw alone.

Reactions: focus805
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.