Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI I ordered some touch-up paint for my navy blue cargo. The website is a bit amateurish, but I didn't think much of it.

Until two days later when my credit card fraud alerts went nuts. I had several thousand in fraudulent purchases in just a few hours.

Anyway, I got the paint and it came with a personal address and packed like it was from an Ebayer. Either don't use this site or use a virtual card number.

I haven't tested the paint match. The first touch up paint I ordered from another source bore no resemblance to my van.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I had this happen too....not sure what the deal is. The paint came reasonably fast and was a good match. I'd second just using a pre-pay card or virtual card to buy. The site has been around for ages....since like 2005

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
IMHO For the little amount of $ touch up paint cost and the importance of color matching, buy from the dealer

Totally agree, but that would involve 140 miles of driving for me, or 140 miles/25 MPG = 5.6 gallons @ $5.00/gallon = $28 in fuel costs for the privilege.

·
Registered
401 Posts
IMHO For the little amount of $ touch up paint cost and the importance of color matching, buy from the dealer
In my case I was buying an entire 12oz rattle can to.....repaint part of my car. :grin: Price can't be beat for that quantity.

For normal vial of touch-up paint, dealer for sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts