Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the cubic feet for a passenger van? I’ve found around 180 for cargo but I’m curious if it’s the same for the passenger (if the seats were removed of course)!

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Anyone know the cubic feet for a passenger van? I’ve found around 180 for cargo but I’m curious if it’s the same for the passenger (if the seats were removed of course)!

Thanks!!!
The passenger van's actual interior volume is certainly less due to the headliner and side panels. The panels take up so much volume that you can't even tell where the wheel houses are. The left side is packed with HVAC parts and the right side is mostly empty. The paneling impinges on width so much that a 4'x8' sheet won't quite fit at floor level. On the cargo van it will fit with room to spare.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The passenger van's actual interior volume is certainly less due to the headliner and side panels. The panels take up so much volume that you can't even tell where the wheel houses are. The left side is packed with HVAC parts and the right side is mostly empty. The paneling impinges on width so much that a 4'x8' sheet won't quite fit at floor level. On the cargo van it will fit with room to spare.
Wow that’s really interesting. Good points compared to the cargo version, thanks for sharing. That’s super good to know!! Do you have one? If so have you stripped it for a conversion

I currently have a Toyota minivan with 150 cubic feet of volume, I was considering the passenger Metris for an increase of space but do you think it would be a significant difference ?

thanks for all your help!

·
Registered
Metris Cargo 135 2020
647 Posts
Interesting that the Sienna has more volume space than a Grand Caravan. I did not know that. Maybe it has something to do with the raised floors and excess plastic taking up space in the DGC. Years ago I skipped on the Sienna because it could not hold 4x8 sheet goods and close the trunk.

Technically behind first row, cubic feet:

Dodge Grand Caravan 140
Toyota Sienna 150
MB Metris SWB Cargo 183
MB Metris LWB Cargo 199
MB V class ( I just learned it exists in three lengths now ) 165 based on 4680 liters for the " regular " length as we'd know it in NA. ( DE : Kompakt, Lang, Extra Lang )

The biggest advantage / difference of the Metris over other minivans should be interior height ... and compared to the Mopar vans: a flat floor. I don't know about the other minivans, been too long ago I have been in those. But my DGC was kind of a pain with its undulating floor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts