Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My just purchased 2017 Metris came without cruise control. Mercedes is not helpful in retrofitting. Anyone accomplish it and what parts and numbers used? I do know coding is then required

·
Registered
11 Posts
There were a couple threads discussing this I don't have links, you'll have to do a search if you want to find them. But the consensus seemed to be that it's not possible.

·
Registered
50 Posts
There used to be general cruise control kits that involved strapping magnets to an axle with a pickup, tapping into a vacuum line and tapping into a brake light line. I have no idea if they still exist or if that would even work on a Metris.

·
Registered
258 Posts
check a vito forum in the uk. i recall someone who said he only needed to buy the control stalk. don't remember if it was a 447, though.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you. I have seen an installation on the Vito 447 as you said. The concern is if it can be programed on the US version and the part number for the control. I have encountered 2 different numbers. I had hoped someone has gone through the install. I do know that it has been done on the Sprinter without issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am in the same situation. I have a Metris without cruise control. I have had no luck at the dealership or with any aftermarket units. Any and all details in getting this accomplished are appreciated.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts