Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yakima seems to sell towers that fit these bars and can be used with the various cross bars they make, but they are also rather pricey.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Surfeast, thanks again for the link.

I'll second these. Mine came and I'm pretty happy with them. $50 shipped...can't beat it.

Overall height with the bars on is right about 6'-5¾". I think I can leave these on and still get in most parking garages.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does the yakima jetstream work well on this vehicle?

Also, are these cross-bars ok for mounting ladders? My dad needs it for his new metris

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I would think the accepatability of what you mount to the crossbars is based on weight.

That being said I had a Ford Van I used for a scrap business- I did curbside roving and used the roof rack for anything that didn't fit inside- including a box that was permanently mounted for pipe. I am sure I carried somewhere over 500 lbs of stuff up there at times- not to mention thousands of pounds of scrap in the bay. Once my van, rated at 8600, tipped the big scales at 11,700. And 5800 lbs leaving, yay for 15c a pound.

·
Registered
470 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Anyone find another reseller on eBay or elsewhere for the rampking? the linked ebayer above says he will be away until Oct 2017.
This seller is currently away until Oct 31, 2017
http://www.ebay.com/itm/151896091334?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&rmvSB=true
Jay, an ebay seller also a member here, has his post about their ebay store of Metris OEM parts & accessories. I did a quick search and found these for you and if you like give him a PM:

- Genuine OEM 2016-up Mercedes Benz Metris 3rd crossbar 6398900393

- Genuine OEM Mercedes Benz 2016-up Mercedes Benz Metris Basic carrier 6398400024

·
Registered
470 Posts
Reactions: Jay
1 - 16 of 16 Posts