Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

161 - 166 of 166 Posts

·
Banned
2,516 Posts
At my dealer the service advisors are generally very knowledgeable about the cars. The secretaries who handle the phone lines are another story; they are generally clueless. Most of them are even blonde.

·
Registered
269 Posts
From my experience, the service advisors know nothing about cars.
I generally agree with you on this.

But, I'd like to make plug for "Greg" at Rocklin (CA) Mercedes northeast of Sacramento. He's their Sprinter/Metris guy and does sorta seem to know what he's talking about. And, he's treated me pretty well on my many, many, (did I say MANY) visits to the service department with my Metris.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Glad to hear there are some good ones. In their defense most MB owners don't know much about cars. That's not a slam it's just the way it is. Many don't mow their own grass and do other chores. My cousin is one of them. He wouldn't know to start to change wiper blades. But he's a doctor and I'm not...lol....so he's got that going for him....which is nice. Poor schmuck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If someone has their old canister purge/PCV valve hose assembly left over from their repair, I am interested in taking that off your hands. Thank you!
So I looked in the back of the van today and just like christmas there was a MB Box and in it....drum roll was 1200-840 bucks worth of parts according to the MB and other sites selling new ones. Obviously thats not the used part price. I could get the filter etc and clean it up . or just send the assembly as is. This would be better than 840 for part and if you have the tools to do what must be dun to replace it. wallllla

·
Registered
9 Posts
When are going to change all this out? I hope you can update us...let us know how bad it really is.
Lance, I may have been a little vague. Benz removed the assembly and replaced it with a new shiny assembly and left the old dirty assembly in a box in the back of the van with all my construction gear. I figured someone might want a used part as is to clean up and replace the filter/valve etc. so that they could replace it them selves or hope that Bruce Banner was coming through town looking to do someone a solid. :UST DON"T MAKE HIM ANGRY" Now if someone lived in Omaha and wanted me to give this replacement the old college try ,I did not graduate with a degree but learned a lot. Then I might be persuaded to mix this in with my other construction duties ,not at my place.

161 - 166 of 166 Posts