Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

101 - 102 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thank you for chiming in appreciate it! This is a design flaw that seems to be more popular in the northeast! The hoses are choked so the valve can not function in the breather box..the lower part! which is up against the crankcase
This is wrong for Mercedes to be costing the average end user $2100 and what is to stop this from reoccurring unless they change the part and changing the part is an admittance to guilty

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thank you for chiming in appreciate it! This is a design flaw that seems to be more popular in the northeast! The hoses are choked so the valve can not function in the breather box..the lower part! which is up against the crankcase
This is wrong for Mercedes to be costing the average end user $2100 and what is to stop this from reoccurring unless they change the part and changing the part is an admittance to guilty
I haven't written in a while because I was tied up arguing with Mercedes Advocacy. They will not cover the 12 hours labor to replace the intake tube emissions line that contains the vent valve that is not a purchased part # available on the Metris, So now one of my vans still cannot pass emissions, I am turning them into the ANN ARBOR Michigan Dept of federal emissions
This is wrong ! I trusted Mercedes to do the right thing and they failed me!
So now I need to know if there is anyone on the forum who has done this motor mount removal and ECM removal to get at the breather box /oil separator for removal to examine the box and valves that you cannot purchase without getting the whole $900 intake line assembly? I think this is a huge crime..and it does seem to be common amongst other models on the mbusa forum..more so on the M274 engine .
Anyone have experience before I attempt this time consuming job? better from on top or bottom to gain site of this part? I talked to a parts guy who said they are cutting in half a pipe coming above the breather box to cut hours off the job for space reasoning? The advocacy does not have any technical background btw, I tracked these people and they are mostly sales type mouth pieces judged on how fast they can rid you! As if the tire wear problem wasn't enough agony and waste of money for 18 months until they came out with new specs, they have t punish me again with this PO524E emissions failure from clogged pipes and vents!
Please chime in if anyone has done this job? thank you

101 - 102 of 102 Posts