Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gotta share my excitement -- my van is in the US, or at least the pieces of the van. Here's what the salesguy (who is going to South Carolina for some tour) said:

"Your Metris has arrived in South Carolina. Now they need to mate the drivetrain to the body, chassis dyno the completed assembly, update software as needed, correct shipping damage as needed, and send it on to our dealership. They have not posted a dealer ETA yet, but from what I’ve seen it may be here at our store in one month or less. I’m hoping there won’t be any delays. I will keep a close eye and keep you informed."

I wrote back to ask if shipping damage was common and, if so, what kind. No response yet.

So, assuming a 30 day timeframe to get the goods, I want to checklist my priorities. What mods would y'all recommend first? Here's what I'm thinking.

1. Weathertech FloorLiner mats
2. WeatherTech TechShade windshield and paassenger window shades
3 Kenwood/Pioneer head unit -- I'd love some recommendations -- the stalk controls must work and the back up camera must work with proper gridlines
4. SCOPEMA passenger seat swivel
3. CR Laurence drivers side window
4. CR Laurence Passenger sliding door window
5.?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's what the sales person said about shipping damage:

"Shipping damage is usually uncommon these days. Usually minor bumps or scrapes either in the van body where the wheels and tires are stored, or on the bumpers which are also stored in the van during shipping. The VPC in South Carolina has a full factory paint shop and will correct anything they find to factory standard."

Sounds good to me.

Reactions: braddo

·
Registered
292 Posts
Kenwood head unit. Look at this thread- https://www.metrisforum.com/forum/401-electronics/8688-radiopro-radio-replacement-interface.html I just put a Kenwood DNX694S is my 2005 Prius with the idea that I might put the identical head in the Metris, which would provide standardization between those vehicle for that aspect of driving. So far I'm satisfied with the unit, but I'm still getting used to it. The instruction manual is something like 100 or 150 pages so there is a bit of a learning curve.

I bought it through Crutchfield as they had all of the items needed to get it to fit and function correctly in the Prius. Unfortunately they do not have items listed for the Metris but Husonicsvan listed what he used to get it installed correctly so that's very encouraging.

Seat swivels- I have them for both seats- they add a lot of versatility.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More goodies:

5. OEM Deflectors for the front windows (at least until I settle on the [roof?] vent location).
6. Some mirror solution. Burco shows a bigger mirror available for the 2018?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kenwood head unit. Look at this thread- https://www.metrisforum.com/forum/401-electronics/8688-radiopro-radio-replacement-interface.html I just put a Kenwood DNX694S is my 2005 Prius with the idea that I might put the identical head in the Metris, which would provide standardization between those vehicle for that aspect of driving. So far I'm satisfied with the unit, but I'm still getting used to it. The instruction manual is something like 100 or 150 pages so there is a bit of a learning curve.

I bought it through Crutchfield as they had all of the items needed to get it to fit and function correctly in the Prius. Unfortunately they do not have items listed for the Metris but Husonicsvan listed what he used to get it installed correctly so that's very encouraging.

Seat swivels- I have them for both seats- they add a lot of versatility.
I tracked the DNX694S thread earlier, but I do not want NAV because I'll use Android Auto. I liked the microSD in addition to USB. What would you recommend without NAV?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, thanks for the link to the reviews -- super helpful!

·
Registered
93 Posts
When looking at the Kenwood receivers there are DNX series, which are the Android\CarPlay models with built-in navigation and the DDX series which are peers minus the built in navigation feature. I believe only the Nav models from Kenwood have the SD card slot.

We have a DDX9904S in our van and I have been very happy with it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recommend getting the OEM Mercedes Benz Metris 2016-up black all season floor trays. a4476809801. I have weathertech in another vehicle of mine. They fit great, but I can never seem to get them clean. Something about the texture that just holds the dirt and leaves the mats with a permanent dirt stain, (i've power washed and scrubbed with a brush with poor results). The OEM all seasons fit perfectly and have a texture that I think will be easier to clean.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the tip Much rather have OEMs

1 - 10 of 10 Posts