Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
1,728 Posts
Not the Droid you are looking for, but a handy forum diagram of ek1. I think important to know it is powered by the starter battery.

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
1,728 Posts
For reference

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
1,728 Posts
Can't wait to see how they do it. Maybe below the wiper and with an area of no tint. Doesn't seem wise to shoot through 17% tint, but maybe it doesn't matter in practice. Don't mean to derail the thread.

While you are running cable there maybe consider if you might want a backup camera in the 3rd taillight at some point. I want to add one so I can use it for a 369 Birdseye view system and when the current camera is maybe blocked by bikes or the yakima exo boxes.

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
1,728 Posts
Ok, that's cool. Now I want. But, the link up thread looked like this thing was gray and yours looks nice and black. What's the story there?

I saw in the DOG where they show the location of the camera. It made sense where they put it from the description. High enough so the wiper clears the view.

Automotive lighting Rectangle Auto part Font Circle

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
1,728 Posts
The edge of the screen is a clear glass-like LCD. I'm not sure why it shows up as gray or black according to the photographer's camera angle or exposure. The mirror body of my aftermarket version of the Gentex FDM mirror is black.

Mine is mounted top center where the wiper path will also keep the view clear. I saw that picture in the 2022 DOG, and I'm puzzled why the would have put it there. Maybe I will discover the "why" when I try to fish the coax through the hatch wiring loom and then bend/loop it sharply to get it to top center. It looks doable, but I don't know yet.
I'm cursing you for showing this now. You've obviously seen the FDM model and that Gentex says it's in the Vito. Looks unobtanium aftermarket.

They probably put it on the drivers side because for some practical reasons like it will be swiped clean first (do I have this right?). Behind the driver. Camera will capture centered to drivers physical location. Above the location of the rear view camera...

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
1,728 Posts
I have surmised/guessed that the MB digital interior mirror F84 is made by Gentex.

Likely since they list the Vito. Would love to have some of the fancy features like the DVR, Side camera alerts, pinch/zoom etc. The model you have looks good and Crutchfield for once is cheaper than the others.

Font Rectangle Parallel Screenshot Number

1 - 10 of 10 Posts