Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My passenger van has the auxiliary battery factory installed under the driver's seat.

Does anyone know of a simple way to connect the interior lights to the auxiliary battery so they can be used without draining down the starter battery when the van is parked?

·
Registered
353 Posts
No. But it's OK because the house LEDs don't use much. Basically, there is no easy access to the aux battery. The EK1 connector in the pass footwell if you ordered it is for the starter battery only. My plan is to connect a battery to battery charger (read Sterling) between the aux battery and my actual house battery, likely a lithium with mixed case I'm not in the mood to parrot.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good to know about the electronics. Thanks!

So just out of curiosity, what happens if you do end up getting low battery charge?

A warning to recharge?
Accessories stop working unless engine is running?

·
Registered
228 Posts
I'd leave the original interior lights alone and just wire in some lights where you want them, connected to the auxiliary battery with a fuse block. Then it's available for anything else you want to add and you don't have to worry about charging or draining your starter battery. I use mine for crate fans (dogs) power roof vent, trailer power etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts