Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering buying a new Metris Cargo Van.
The C08 Cold weather Package has sub item: HZ0 Heat Insulation.
What ( and where) exactly is the heat insulation ? Is it fiberglass in the roof/side panels and then they are covered with the plastic paneling ??

Thanks ahead of time for the help.

·
Registered
483 Posts
You want the cold weather package anyway.
That depends where you live and your driving lifestyle.

I don't have the CWP and so far I'm not missing much this North Carolina 'winter'. The past two days have been in the high 70's F and Spring right around the corner.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Yeah, in the south it wouldn't be a must have unless you travel north in the winter.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Is it fiberglass in the roof/side panels and then they are covered with the plastic paneling ??
You would think that, but you'd be wrong. There's nothing behind the roof/side panels, if you order that option (and you really should), but air.

What ( and where) exactly is the heat insulation ?
"It's right there, there and there." I asked that exact question when I looked at my van which came with the CWP. The salesman sort of vaguely waved his arms around the cabin and said "there, there and there". My guess, it's barely anything, and there's no way to confirm or deny its existence.

That said, if you live in a cold climate you really want the cold weather package. The heater boost, heated seats and heated washer fluid make a huge difference. I've got no thermal insulation in my open cargo van and I'm toasty warm after about 10 minutes on 20 degree days.

cheers,
parsi

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have the cold weather package in my cargo van and have yet to discover anything resembling additional insulation. There is no insulation above the head liner and there is none behind any of the panels in the rear of the van. So far I have not taken the trim panels off the driver and passenger doors, but after watching a You Tube video on replacing a window in a Vito, I seriously doubt there is any insulation in the front doors either. Maybe there is a bit of extra insulation in the fire wall?

·
Registered
191 Posts
I am considering buying a new Metris Cargo Van.
The C08 Cold weather Package has sub item: HZ0 Heat Insulation.
What ( and where) exactly is the heat insulation ? Is it fiberglass in the roof/side panels and then they are covered with the plastic paneling ??

Thanks ahead of time for the help.
The order guide and build sheets I've seen describe HZ0 as "Electric booster for heating." I don't see any reference to heat insulation.

There's standard equipment item H20 "Heat-insulating glass." Perhaps someone got mixed up?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I distinctly remember the MB "build your van" site listing the CWP as having "additional insulation" but I don't see it there now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm in the beginning on making my metris into a camper and used 3M Thinsulate sm600L insulation to deal with noise and add thermal insulation.
I bought way too much and have more if anyone would like some message me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts