Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another issue i have noticed in this cold weather is the tranny shifting. In general my shifts are not as crisp as new. I am about 4500 mile i believe. The engine winds up a thousand or more RPMs and then slowly engages.If the van would fully warm up I am sure i would notice but I am not 100% sure of that . Maybe warm not having driven it before i wouldn't but cold iif i was on the dealer lot and taking delivery i would not accept it it. if it were a loaner i would ask for another just to be sure i didnt get stranded.. It continued last night in the cold drive i went on. I notice it more and more. anybody else or any thought s before I "take it to the dealer"

·
Registered
939 Posts
I could tell you to check the trans fluid, but its such a pain in the ass that you ought to just take it in. There may not be anything there, but a profitable tech will check for updates, check fluid and run a time punch for extended road test.
I also understand needing a loaner...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I was in Atlanta the delay wasn’t as noticeable, back up here in the cold very noticeable, wish it had worked out :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts