Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen these CL Laurence Metris side windows with tip out vented windows on the bottom in person? I have seen them marketed for around 500. From the listing it looks like they are only for the cargo models. That would be a shame. I like the idea of the tip out bottom and the look is a little more flush and passenger style than the sliders with the cutout window within the window. These would have an advantage with rain. That's why I am interested. Much needed ventilation when camping when its raining.

http://www.crlaurence.com/crlapps/showline/offerpage.aspx?ProductID=196757&GroupID=69029

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
These fit either passenger or cargo. I replaced my sprinter passenger windows with them and they are great. Plan to do the same for my metris passenger one of these days...

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These fit either passenger or cargo. I replaced my sprinter passenger windows with them and they are great. Plan to do the same for my metris passenger one of these days...
Good to know. Thanks! I haven't seen any pictures of what the interior latching or interior looks like. Would love to see what they look like on your sprinter if you have any pictures. What's the logo on the window or does yours have anything on the outside like a logo etc? I'd prefer none to get a plain look.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I actually traded in that 4WD sprinter for my new Metris. I never looked closely at any window markings, but these have been standard in the RV industry for a long time. I've had two sprinter RV's (Roadtrek) that use basically the same windows, but from a different manufacturer. For the 4wd sprinter, one body shop refused to install them; but the another one simply popped the factory windows out in a few minutes and installed the new ones in less than an hour (I had three of them installed) - it was pretty easy if just replacing the factory glass.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I am picking up a pair of CRL FW642 L/R windows for my 135 cargo. I mean picking up literally as I live close enough to the factory to pick them up and avoid shipping charges.

I have seen bad installs on Sprinters that result in the opening portion of the windows having crooked seams or not lying flush to the body. I do think this is an install issue, but I intend to inspect my windows carefully before accepting them. I've seen an astounding number of YouTubes where the installer randomly attacks the inside window frame clamping ring with a power driver set to full torque.

·
Registered
591 Posts

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Oh at least the people who screw up based on bad YouTube videos are actually looking for a how to. I know too many people who just wing it- and then wonder why it doesn’t work.

**** I know people who think assembling ikea furniture is hard. ��

1 - 14 of 14 Posts