Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm a proud owner of a new Metris passenger van! Love the interior space as I have 7 people to carry.

I'm trying to make it less commercial-van-ish. What do you think about putting some shiny chrome pieces on the otherwise black parts? I am considering to buy the following 5 items from ebay, but not sure if it's worth the price tags. They add up quickly... and the seller doesn't reduce any shipping even if I buy all at once...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MERCEDES-ME...COVER-TRIM-STAINLESS-STEEL-2016-/291640662481

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MERCEDES-ME...T-STAINLESS-STEEL-2016-UP-4-PCS-/291649173444

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MERCEDES-ME...RIM-KIT-STAINLESS-STEEL-2016-UP-/291640669174

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MERCEDES-ME...VER-CAPS-TRIM-SET-2016-UP-2-PCS-/291645715068

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MERCEDES-ME...ARD-PROTECTOR-TRIM-S-STEEL-2016-/301828073954

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
The grille and door handles look good. The rear bumper has functional implications. The mirrors look, as the Germans say, like schiesse.

·
Registered
939 Posts
"Chrome won't get ya home" as the hotrodders say. I see some of this stuff on the Benzes that come thru. It's VERY hit or miss

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have put all the chrome piece that mention above, here is how it look like. I still hasn't install the chrome piece on the window trim and my bumper sill is different from the eBay, but it is make by same manufacture, but different finish. They sold only the chrome finish but I choice the brush finish because it will easily get scratch by loading and unloading, brush finish is great again scratch. But chrome look better and more OMG look. One thing I don't like is the chrome handle. Because is stainless steel, the edge is sharp, where you handle everyday, I rather them to be plastic. Also, it will discolor a bit after few rain fall, it will seem darken compare when I first install them, but the mirror cover still look great and the mirror are made out of plastic. If any of the handle piece fell out, I will remove them all and have it paint.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They look great on the white!

Where did you get the brush finish on bumper? I only saw chrome.

I have put all the chrome piece that mention above, here is how it look like. I still hasn't install the chrome piece on the window trim and my bumper sill is different from the eBay, but it is make by same manufacture, but different finish. They sold only the chrome finish but I choice the brush finish because it will easily get scratch by loading and unloading, brush finish is great again scratch. But chrome look better and more OMG look. One thing I don't like is the chrome handle. Because is stainless steel, the edge is sharp, where you handle everyday, I rather them to be plastic. Also, it will discolor a bit after few rain fall, it will seem darken compare when I first install them, but the mirror cover still look great and the mirror are made out of plastic. If any of the handle piece fell out, I will remove them all and have it paint.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Fishbe how's the quality of these pieces? Will they stay on well for a long time? Do the door handles feel good whwn you geab them, or like they have a cheap cover on them?

Thanks! I like the look but would rather not if they won't last or feel cheap ...

·
Registered
43 Posts
The brush finish you need to order it from Germany. All the piece is made out of the stainless steel except the mirror. The front grill piece is nicely cut and prefect fit. I think another company in the state also made the front grill piece, but they made the middle piece that go around the badge. I think that is bit too much. I like the piece I got not only it curve and the bottom also bent which is made it easy to install. The mirror is plastic, since is a bigger piece, it has to made out of the plastic. The OEM mirror cover for my E class is also plastic. Make sure you clean it and double check the tape is in place. The one I got has bit of loss plastic and the tape is not all in place, just double check before you install they. I only have one car wash, didn't see any scratch yet. I don't recommend installing the handles cover. It didn't feel good every time you open the door, the edge is just too sharp. If they made out of plastic, I think would be better. Also the shine finish on the handle is faded a bit compare with the mirror, so I rather have it paint that match with the body. I love the bumper door sill. I can be more careless loading and unloading, also I have use brush to brush off any dirt on the sill. But the piece I got, one side of the sill is bit shape and not nicely cut, I need to grind it smooth, still noticeable when you look it up close, but that didn't bother me that much. Also the bumper sill is curve and bent, made it super easy to install. One thing that will help making install bumper sill easy is to remove the weatherstrip to expose more area of the bumper, because once you set the sill in, you can't pull it back out. So make sure you measure twice before removing the film protector. Here is the photo on install the bumper sill, hope it will help.:wink:

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
I personally know one of the factory sale rep so he place the order for me, but if you request a brush finish from the seller on ebay, I think he can order it for you. He is the main distributor for North America. But delivery time will be long since they order once a month and the travel by marine from Germany.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Agreed, thanks Frisbe. I just received the bumper guard, but based on your input will think note about the door handles. My kids usage is rough, so I don't want to take a chance on cut hands.

·
Registered
29 Posts
We installed the rear bumper protector, in chrome, a couple months ago. Usage is very low but easy to install and looks great. I'd like to add the door handle well covers (under the handles) as we tend to scratch that area of paint over time. Durability is key, so I think I'll wait for chrome also. Thanks all.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I saw it but didn't read the name. Matted mahogany?

I have a mohagony dining set (big table and five of the six original chairs, plus some improvised leaves) and the wood is not quite that pronounced in its grain. (One of the great bargains of my life- the seller was using it to display his wares and I got the thing for $125 including the chairs and leaves I didn't know he had!)

Anyway that grain looks almost identical to the Zebrano trim Mercedes used to use in its cars, back when Mercedes cars were universally regarded as peerless. If you get it I want lots of pictures- I want to see how it looks because I am thinking of it for BB.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts