Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

check engine light - bluedriver P008A, P2539, P0181

4K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  stiksandstones 
#1 ·
Check engine light has popped up off and on, for...about the last 2500 miles i'd guess. 2017 metris passenger van, 66k miles, well maintained.

It was gone for a while, but my wife drove tonight and said engine light came on. I plugged in my bluedriver ODB and got the following:

P008A Low Pressure Fuel System Pressure - Too Low
P2539 Low Pressure Fuel System Sensor Circuit
P0181 Fuel Temperature Sensor "A" Circuit Range/Performance
P0627 Fuel Pump "A" Control Circuit/Open

I cleared and tried to reset the engine light but it wouldnt do it...whatever.

The van drives great, no stalling, no weird issues, local drives, long trips, its great....but, I suspect I might be in trouble, I am out of warranty.

Going to try and get an appt at local mercedes mechanic and give that a shot, I am a good DIY guy with bolt on things, but fuel systems on a merc, out of my realm.

If you have any insights, i'd love to hear em!

See less See more
#5 ·
I'd look into any fuel system software update. My 2020 received this last October.

Then it received another update when I had it in for service in January.

The October update was maybe a beta software update. The January update was a final release update.
This is news Rockster -- do you have paperwork showing why they did the fuel pump software recall twice on your rig?

#9 ·
Went to a all new dealer today, different than my usual (Fletcher Jones vans)....much better than the dealer I bought from.
They updated that fuel software and replaced my recalled Seat Base.
Friendly and awesome. SO-hopefully that keeps the engine light and fuel codes from poppin, because the van has always drove great.

Side note, they told me in joking manner "You could get a lot for this van, you have the dual sliding side doors, those are hard to come by, and-they are not selling the metris moving forward, this is for them in USA"....wow.

#10 ·
“ they are not selling the Metris moving forward “

I strongly doubt that, when the dealer order guide has been open … and as far as I can tell the Metris has been a successful product, plus they still need to bring thousands of them for the post office? So why would they stop sales in NA?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.