Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning Metris forum!

I bought a replacement LED screen from Minitools after seeing the exact problem I had from this YouTube video.

One can see the information but the LED does not light up. Did the replacement and the problem persists #facepalm

Took the PCB to an electronics manufacturer
  • Tested the ribbing cable- all good
  • Looked for dry contacts under a microscope - all good
  • Tested resistors behind the screen - all good
Only suggestion was that the graphics driver is not good, but we dont know where it is on the board. Board is made by Johnson.

Part number A4479008606, goes into a WDF447 model of Metris.

Any advice on repairing the board would be appreciated as the replacement is very expensive, even second hand if you can find it.

LD

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
1,334 Posts
Metris in North America, Vito in Europe. Same vehicle W447
So you are in SA with a Vito and not a Metris, correct?

How long did you leave the new lcd panel in the van running before giving up?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So you are in SA with a Vito and not a Metris, correct?

How long did you leave the new lcd panel in the van running before giving up?
It has been in there now for a day and still not showing up

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
1,334 Posts
It has been in there now for a day and still not showing up
You have a vito, correct?

How long did you run the van with the new display? I didn't want to assume that is been installed for a day without driving around.

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
1,334 Posts
The reason I am asking about how long you ran the power after installing the PCB is that in the video the poster said his didn't work for a while and then started working.

If you are able to do all the checking you had stated you should be able to also attempt to power the backlight on the bench to confirm the new part is functional. You hadn't mentioned if you tested the new panel.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Replacing panel doesn't work - I also tried that months ago (it's still plugged in and running, but the backlight hasn't "come to life").

I found a very obscure reference/fix mentioned offhandedly in a russian forum, and PM'd the guy. I have purchased the 2x replacement IC's he says worked for him, but haven't bit the bullet and tried it yet. I'll see if I can dig it up, but it requires surface mount soldering equip/knowledge.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts