Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
I broke mine too. I reconnected four of the six vanes without violating the center console. It took hours, homemade hooks, holders and some od skoo chewing gum. Exhaustion took me out. I had to learn by steps how not to fuc kup each success when I added the next vane. Step one is learning how to fish out the metal binder clip; you’ll have to do it many times if you are as ham-handed as I am.

·
Registered
86 Posts
how did you guys break it? Should i not be walking on it, i mean it has flooring on it so i assumed it would be ok to step on it? Are you guys talking about the floor vent between the front seats?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses, the vents are in the center of the dash, and I have new diffusers to install so need to remove the damaged ones. I don't want to end up with more broken plastic removing them.

·
Registered
900 Posts
The rearward floor vent on my cargo is flexible enough that I worry about breaking it when I step on it. Makes for some interesting contortions when exiting out the back. It hasn't broken yet, but I plan to rig some kind of thin, solid cover for it.

Thanks for the warning on the vent blades. I'm looking to the small driver left dash cupholder for a more permanent phone mount, assuming I can find a good mount. I don't think the WeatherTech will fit or be tight enough.

·
Registered
308 Posts
focus805: There's some phone mount stuff here: https://www.metrisforum.com/forum/1...l-discussion/8658-phone-mount.html#post101522

post #14 in that thread shows a phone mount using the big center cup holders.

I use the big cup holder for mounting my iPad with this: [ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075G4KRM5/[/ame] It won't expand enough by itself to fit the large cupholder, but it was shipped in a bubble wrap style envelope. As a quick-n-dirty, I cut a strip out of the bubble wrap large enough to wrap around the base, and it fits nice & snug and doesn't wobble with an iPad Pro attached.

G

·
It was not the fault of the phone mount; the fixed vane is stout enough to hold it, I tried using the floating ones.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts