Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and such.

Anybody have these installed? I definitely want these in my Metris. Would like to see photos of where you mounted (and antenna) them and any tips for install/wiring.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Have they become obsolete?

Too bad.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still widely used by semi truck drivers
I'd still consider it. Can come in handy for many situations. Plus entertainment. :laugh:

·
Banned
2,516 Posts
Its not obsolete at all. I have been seriously considering one myself. It is still a chosen mode of communication for semi-truck drivers, sorta a truck driver version of twitter. They use it to make each other aware of things like cops, active weigh stations, DUI check points (time is money, and there are few things even a sober truck driver hates more than these), current traffic, road closures, weather reports up the road, crowded conditions at truck stops and so forth. It also is a way to give an aproaching Good Samaritan notice that you need help so they can better plan getting off the road to give it to you.

It can be a life saver if something unfortunate happens when you are out of cell phone range, as well.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Exactly. I understand the whole "hands free" laws around for drivers may scare people off, but they are not illegal to use.

·
Registered
259 Posts
ever make any progress on this? I'm looking to finally put a 2m in the van. best I can come up with is a hatchback mount but not sure how well the RG316 will even run under the seals as everything is sealed pretty tight in the passenger van.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ever make any progress on this? I'm looking to finally put a 2m in the van. best I can come up with is a hatchback mount but not sure how well the RG316 will even run under the seals as everything is sealed pretty tight in the passenger van.

Not on my end, because I don't have a Metris yet.
My avatar is only representative of what I want. Maybe a 2018.:nerd:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts