Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone cut a hole for a floor vent? Looking for location aft the front row seats for a 3-4" hole for a floor vent. My roof fan is mounted at the back of the van. I wanted to use the vent for air circulation (cooler air under the van) and also maybe for temporary usage of a portable A/C home unit.

I have the Cargo Van with standard single side door.

·
Registered
2016 Cargo converted into a camper van
333 Posts
Has anyone cut a hole for a floor vent? Looking for location aft the front row seats for a 3-4" hole for a floor vent. My roof fan is mounted at the back of the van. I wanted to use the vent for air circulation (cooler air under the van) and also maybe for temporary usage of a portable A/C home unit.

I have the Cargo Van with standard single side door.
Perhaps in the very rear corner, below the tail light and lower door hinge (if you have barn doors.) I put in a vent for my propane tank in that area, which was about a 3/4" hole. It would be very stealthy as the opening is behind a trim piece, which of course also makes it less likely to allow water to enter. The trim piece is not too difficult to remove.

Attachments

·
Registered
810 Posts
This a brilliant solution. I have been struggling as I design my set up because the prospect of a drilling a big hole in the floor is only slightly less repugnant than a root canal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts