Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I’m getting ready to buy a used Metris and was wondering if there’s a way to add seats to a cargo style Model so can be reconfigured from hauling freight to Hauling people? TIA!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hello I’m getting ready to buy a used Metris and was wondering if there’s a way to add seats to a cargo style Model so can be reconfigured from hauling freight to Hauling people? TIA!
It's probably easier and cheaper to go the other way - get a used passenger van and reconfigure it for hauling freight. You also get airbags for the rear passengers and proper cabin insulation.

If you need the full 50" width between the wheel arches you'll have to pull out some trim and perform some surgery on the rear A/C unit, but generally it's easier to remove stuff than to add it.

·
Registered
200 Posts
On the 2016 and I presume later, you get 47" between the wheel wells with the interior finish in place. But the cargo was too noisy in the rear for rear passengers and the a/c did not look right, so I went with the passenger van even though the seats have been out 90% of the time.

·
Registered
147 Posts
If I recall correctly, the gas tank is under the first row of seats, which makes it difficult to install the bolts for the seats without dropping the gas tank.
I second the post for buying a passenger model and then removing seats when needed. That is what I did. The seats are heavy, and you really need 2 people to remove them, but at least they are mounted properly and you don't have to worry about failure if you are in an accident.
B

·
Registered
200 Posts
If I recall correctly, the gas tank is under the first row of seats, which makes it difficult to install the bolts for the seats without dropping the gas tank.
I second the post for buying a passenger model and then removing seats when needed. That is what I did. The seats are heavy, and you really need 2 people to remove them, but at least they are mounted properly and you don't have to worry about failure if you are in an accident.
B

Somewhere I posted that a dolly mounted engine hoist available everywhere for about $100 makes short work of extracting and moving the big seats around.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts