Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've ordered a custom 2018 Metris cargo van. I needed the sliding doors on both sides and wanted the ducting to the back for my plants. When you order the driver's side sliding door you are required to have the cargo partition which means you cannot have rear ducting. Why is the cargo partition needed? I heard you can remove it which would be nice. Is there a reason not to remove it? It would help at least with the AC cooling the interior even if the ducting isn't there.
Suggestions?

·
Registered
191 Posts
I've ordered a custom 2018 Metris cargo van. I needed the sliding doors on both sides and wanted the ducting to the back for my plants. When you order the driver's side sliding door you are required to have the cargo partition which means you cannot have rear ducting. Why is the cargo partition needed? I heard you can remove it which would be nice. Is there a reason not to remove it? It would help at least with the AC cooling the interior even if the ducting isn't there.
Suggestions?
Unless something changed in the past couple months, the partition isn't required to order the driver side sliding door. I have seen lots of '18 cargo vans with dual sliders and no partition.

The partition has always been required when ordering a window in either sliding door, though. I don't know why. Maybe it has something to do with Chicken Tax evasion.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I heard you can remove it which would be nice. Is there a reason not to remove it? It would help at least with the AC cooling the interior even if the ducting isn't there.
Suggestions?
When you remove the partition you're left with an unfinished edge where the front cabin trim ends. From the back you can see into the space above the headliner, and under the side trim. The side airbags, seat belt retractors, cables, etc. are partially exposed. But considering that the entire back of a Metris Cargo is naked anyway, I don't think it's that big of a deal.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I did order it with windows. My wife likes to turn around when backing up so requested the windows. I heard it does leave an unfinished edge and suggestions were to put soft window trim on it or cut the window and some holes in the partition.. I'll see.. Just thought I'd get some feedback

1 - 4 of 4 Posts