Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This topic has been discussed in a past thread, but I am wondering if anyone has removed the crossbar/framing that is intergrated into the seat bases.

I just bought a 2018 LWB with the partition and had it taken out, but the metal crossbar remains which is attached to the seat bases. I'm converting mine into a work/camper rig, so it's essiantial that it comes out for access. I took out all the bolts possible, pulled off the seat because it appeared the seat plate needs to come off to remove it, and now it appears it needs to be complety disassembled, which in turn would leave me with a floating seat that will slide off. Has anyone gone all in and done this? I think the slider problem can be easily remedied, but am wondering if anyone has modified this without ordering new bases. The bases as they are have room underneath behind the seat which is nice.m Sawzall and grinder are an option, but it's a tough way to start out the conversion, but I'm certainly not afraid of it. I'm also going to install swivel seats, and don't think if I do hack into it that it will impede the rotation. Thoughts?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts