Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to mount the last of the inside panels in my Metris, particularly the slider door panels and back top panels.

I found 000-991-92-40 known as an "Air Guide Rivet" but that isnt the right piece.

This is what I believe I am looking for(attached). Does anyone have a correct part number?

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
I would like the answer to this question as well. I purchased the MB upper panel for the cargo sliding door and have no idea as to how it is to be secured. I Velcroed it in place which doesn't work so well, because of the vigorous movement of the door. I forgot about this. Thanks! I await the worlds answer.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I ordered these:[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HR5S2NS/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]
Not exactly the right ones, but for $7 it was a deal

·
Registered
59 Posts
I believe for the upper back and upper sliding door panels that you need something besides the 8mm push rivets. Is there some type of ?system to clip the panels? The Velcro works fine for those back panels but not the sliding door.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Here's the fastener write up I did from this thread:
https://www.metrisforum.com/forum/2...fficial-metris-equipment-guide.html#post20761

For the bottom panels you need: 42 of part number A000-991-39-40-9051

For the top panels you need 24 trim clip and screw combinations.

Except the trim clips listed in the parts book are not the trim clips you need.
Trim clip listed is: 001-991-81-98 YOU DO NOT WANT THESE!!!
Dealer re-ordered three times and 3 times it was the wrong part (what was that definition of insanity?).
The trim clip you actually need is only available from Germany and is part number A004-994-71-45.

The screws you need are part number N000000-001527.
Except the screw head of these is smaller then the opening in the panel and therefore will not actually fasten the panel to the frame. Apparently there's a third piece involved that the dealer is supposedly still researching 3 weeks later. I gave up and bought some bonded flat washers and matte black spray paint.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Parsi, Do you have any photos of what you ended up doing? Did you use the MB sliding door panel? My set up is garbage ��

·
Registered
292 Posts
I used 8 mm clips on my panels. They hold well and look reasonably good. Here is how they are listed on Amazon: GOOACC Nylon Bumper Fastener Rivet Clips Automotive Furniture Assembly Expansion Screws Kit Auto Body Clips 8mm - 40PCS

·
Registered
151 Posts
Parsi, Do you have any photos of what you ended up doing? Did you use the MB sliding door panel? My set up is garbage ��
When I did mine there was no panel available for the sliding doors, so I really have no experience with that. The clips for the other upper panels slide over the existing metal framing and provide a screw anchor, pretty simple system.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I tried to order the VA3 con-pearl paneling for my LWB and they no longer offer it. Supposedly it used some form of plastic fastener.

Reactions: Lala2

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Parsi,

This seems like the best solution.

So to be sure. You need:

The screws part number N000000-001527
The german trim clip part number A004-994-71-45.

AND washers to simulate the third unknown part. Any Bonded Flat Washer should work then I guess?

If you have a moment to snap a photo I'd be siked. If not confirming the install list would be great too.

You're the bomb

·
Registered
151 Posts
The screws part number N000000-001527
The german trim clip part number A004-994-71-45.

AND washers to simulate the third unknown part. Any Bonded Flat Washer should work then I guess?
That's what worked for me. Picture wouldn't show much, just a screw head with washer underneath.

Good luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts