Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Went to the MB parts dept today to pick up my all weather floor mats which the salesman tossed in for free...while there I told the parts guy I wanted to order the interior panels and fasteners for my brand new 2017 cargo van. The van came with a panel on the bottom of the sliding door and the bottom panels of the two rear doors. I have windows in the tops of the rear doors. I want to go ahead ahead and fill in the other six spots, leaving the upper portion of the sliding door plain as I plan to add a window at some point. Anyway, the parts guy says when he looks up my vin he can't find part numbers for the panels since it was not equipped with them. I asked can't you just look up interior panels? He said no, there were too many options. Hmmmm, I didn't think it would be so difficult. So I am trying to find part numbers for the panels. Hope someone can help. Thanks, Randy

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi. Went to the MB parts dept today to pick up my all weather floor mats which the salesman tossed in for free...while there I told the parts guy I wanted to order the interior panels and fasteners for my brand new 2017 cargo van. The van came with a panel on the bottom of the sliding door and the bottom panels of the two rear doors. I have windows in the tops of the rear doors. I want to go ahead ahead and fill in the other six spots, leaving the upper portion of the sliding door plain as I plan to add a window at some point. Anyway, the parts guy says when he looks up my vin he can't find part numbers for the panels since it was not equipped with them. I asked can't you just look up interior panels? He said no, there were too many options. Hmmmm, I didn't think it would be so difficult. So I am trying to find part numbers for the panels. Hope someone can help. Thanks, Randy
I know what you are going through. It's such a pain the you know what. You have to give him a VIN of a Metris with the panels already. There is also a thread on the site that has the part numbers for the panels, clips, and screws. Search for the word panel or something like that. You should find it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
If you go to Jay's thread, titled "hello" and follow it to his website, all the part numbers can be found there, if he is able to sell it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ordered the panels

Hi. I tracked down the panel numbers online and ordered the three lower ones today. Slight issue as it took the dealership and myself awhile to figure out if the ones I want were white or grey....even looking in my van at the already existing panels on the back doors....finally we all agreed they were grey. The panels have to be shipped from Germany so might be awhile. Depending how easy these go in, I might order the top three remaining panels, leaving the top of the sliding door clear as I want a window there. Going to a local auto glass shop tomorrow to get an estimate. I had this shop install a beautiful one in my last van, Nissan NV 1500 which had two bottom screened windows that would open for $700. Will be interesting to see what he says about the Metris. There is a support brace that goes down the middle of this area and not sure how he will deal with that....

·
Registered
44 Posts
May be late to the party, but here you go...

Oh, and BTW, the reason your parts guy doesn't see them is because those parts weren't included on the original build. The ordering system will only show what part numbers are required to make the van complete AS it was ordered from the factory. I had to get a little creative to find everything I need and correct part numbers, but this should have everything you need.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts