Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
My local dealer placed the order on my metris 3 weeks ago and I still haven't received confirmation. I sent my $500 deposit to place the order, but they haven't charged me yet :/
Are they stopping production or something? Anyone have experience ordering a metris and waiting this long for order confirmation?

·
Registered
258 Posts
When I ordered ours last year, it was all verbal and I didn't get any progress reports unless I contacted them. It went well nevertheless, and the van arrived 13 weeks from the order date exactly as I ordered it.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
My local dealer placed the order on my metris 3 weeks ago and I still haven't received confirmation. I sent my $500 deposit to place the order, but they haven't charged me yet :/
Are they stopping production or something? Anyone have experience ordering a metris and waiting this long for order confirmation?
I haven't heard anything to that effect, the fact they haven't deposited your deposit is definitely weird. I assume it was specified as non-refundable (as it should be). Call them and ask them for an update. They can look that stuff up.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Uh, yeah...you should be asking those who have your deposit and order. Typically mid-May is the last second time to place an order for current model year.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Search my thread "Hi guys" or something to that effect.

It has my timeline from initial thought to receiving.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The dealership still has not received a production date :/

How long did it take for you guys to receive a vin number or production date? I'm dealing with the internet sales manager and he just keeps telling me the same thing...That he placed the order and is still waiting for a production date.

It has almost been a month since I placed the order and I still have no confirmation.

Panicking because I have 3 yr old daughter and we are expecting twins in August. 3 car seats won't fit in my vw golf sportwagen or my audi s3, so I definitely need 3rd row seating.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Lol and I already received my new wheels that I ordered for the metris, and I ordered new tires....so I hope this all works out.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I ordered mine about 3 weeks ago, and was told by the fleet sales person that it would take 4-5 months to get it into the dealership. He told me that they usually have the vin number about 1.5 months after making the order.... the main issue is not Mercedes but customs holding all parts "hostage" .

When making the order for the Cargo with all bells and whistles I did not need to make a disposit, since they knew not many are willing to wait for this long, and that if I backed out they would be able to sell this in 5 minutes.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
That's a tualy bizarre. Most cargo van buyers do not particularly want all the bells and whistles, which means that in order to sell one you need to deeply discount it.

It's not really that most cargo van owners don't want the bells and whistles... they just usually don't want to pay for them.

·
Registered
40 Posts
More like 5 months after they discount it $8000.:D
No, I can assure you that it would take 5 minutes LOL I am in San Francisco and money pools out of the gutter, and many do want to pay for nice things, however as others indicated, most would go for bare minimum as it is for fleet purposes, however Mine , while for pure business, need a van that is practically for a city but also that is impressive to the client....

·
Registered
40 Posts
That's a tualy bizarre. Most cargo van buyers do not particularly want all the bells and whistles, which means that in order to sell one you need to deeply discount it.

It's not really that most cargo van owners don't want the bells and whistles... they just usually don't want to pay for them.
Absolutely right on that. However, in a city where the economy is going very well, orders for the Metris with the bells and whistles are in demand here, my sales Rep told me that he placed orders for 60 vans in 21 days all with the extras, I could have picked up one on the spot, white and basic, but I rather have one with features that I liked (metallic colors, comfort seats, and safety features package) those are in such demand here on the west coast.....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Picked up my new 2017 Metris Cargo van on May 9th. I deliver medical items with it. After 8 1/2 days of driving I have 2,900 miles on it. I love this van. Had a transition wall installed today (safety concern about heavy metal trays flying through the air and hitting me in an accident or hard braking surprise). It really cut down on the noise from the big tin can behind me.

I really like this van. I've put a non slide floor mat in the cargo area and car organizer between the front seats to keep me organized.

Hoping this is the start of a long term beautiful relationship!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts