Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

Can Anyone recommend an OBD II Reader

38K views 56 replies 21 participants last post by  Metrisownermanual 
#1 ·
I'm looking for an OBD II reader for my 2016 Metris. I just returned a Launch CPR 129 because it does not support the Metris. I'm considering an Innova 3150F but their chart does not list the Metris. Although asked on Amazon if they support support the Metris, the repsponse was that they support all vehicles sold in the US and Canada after 1998. That's a bit too much like saying the check is in the mail.....

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y26XQPF/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I20B34Z02FJ20C&colid=3MQ7HAZB1IK9U

#39 ·
Once I had the reader linked to my phone with a good Blue Tooth connection, I had it scan the Metris using the "Fault Code" reading function in Torque Pro. It took a minute or so to do the scan and then reported no fault codes were detected. The van was idling while the scan was being done. The the icons on Torque Pro indicated that I had everything set up and connected correctly.

I watched a couple of You Tube videos on setting up the Torque Pro and I believe I have it set up correctly. If I missed something, please chime in!

#38 ·
I bought an OBDLink LX Bluetooth Scan Tool for $50. I got it mainly to automate odometer logging for business use and it was one of the recommended models for use with my logging app (TripLog 2) It claims to be able to clear codes etc. My van's not showing any codes right now (it was just in for service) so I can't confirm that. If someone has a specific question about it I'll try to answer. I'm definitely not an expert on these things. They have a wifi version too, but it's more than twice as expensive at $130.

They claim it won't drain the battery of you leave it connected. Not sure if some of the other BT readers make that claim or not. It also requires physical access to pair to it and it offers encryption. In light of reading about people hacking into cars' systems lately that seemed like a good idea.

#46 ·
I have tested the Zurich after updating the firmware.
I am happy to report that it was able to reset my ABS warning from removing the seat.
I could not figure out how to get it to reset my Service A warning however.

I will gladly loan this device to anyone who would like it for the shipping cost and an unwavering agreement to return it to me.

Simply PM me and we can figure out how to share it.

#51 ·

Attachments

#57 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.