Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
OBDII / Seat removal

Mercedes of Long Beach wanted $175 to reset mine. Additional on top of Service A.
Needless to say I am just living with the light.
Thanks for the warning. I just installed a swivel on the driver's side and reconnected the seat electronics to see the warning light. Had anyone figured out how to reset without the dealer?

·
Registered
209 Posts
I bought Robb's recommendation off Amazon for cheap and the APP was $4.95 and it works AWESOME! Less than $30 TOTAL

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have tested the Zurich after updating the firmware.
I am happy to report that it was able to reset my ABS warning from removing the seat.
I could not figure out how to get it to reset my Service A warning however.

I will gladly loan this device to anyone who would like it for the shipping cost and an unwavering agreement to return it to me.

Simply PM me and we can figure out how to share it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Zurich ZR13 from Harbor Freight is the model that I used. Not as intuitive as a couple of other OBD II readers that I tried (which failed to clear the air bag light) but the ZR13 does clear the light that you get after disconnecting the seat sensors.
That is the one I purchased.
If you are looking to borrow mine, PM me.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have tested the Zurich after updating the firmware.
I am happy to report that it was able to reset my ABS warning from removing the seat.
I could not figure out how to get it to reset my Service A warning however.

I will gladly loan this device to anyone who would like it for the shipping cost and an unwavering agreement to return it to me.

Simply PM me and we can figure out how to share it.
How do I update the firmware?

41 - 57 of 57 Posts