Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of converting a 2016 cargo into a camper with roughly the layout of a VW Eurovan. The ceiling, walls and floor are all insulated with polyiso foam (R-Max is the brand I used). The flooring is commercial grade sheet vinyl. The walls are covered with Polywall, which is available at the big box stores. I still need to do a few minor things like caulking at the base of the walls, but that'll happen when I've got the cabinets complete and ready to install. I still need to get a swivel for the passenger seat too.

Attachments

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks great. What did you do there for the wheel well covers? Looks like the same material as the floor.
Thanks. Yes, they are covered with the same vinyl as on the floor. They were built with 3/4" plywood, 1/8" hardboard and 1/2" R-Max.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Very nice work. I like the detail in your rear door surround and your lighting layout. I have yet to install a window in the slider, or swivel under the passenger seat, but I've completed half of the cabinet work in our van. It has to be a good feeling getting to the point where you are now knowing how much work and planing was involved.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very nice work. I like the detail in your rear door surround and your lighting layout. I have yet to install a window in the slider, or swivel under the passenger seat, but I've completed half of the cabinet work in our van. It has to be a good feeling getting to the point where you are now knowing how much work and planing was involved.
Thanks Mikit. Yes, it is nice to have visible progress. As I'm sure you know, this is a much more time consuming process than I expected. I'm hoping the cabinets go faster. Good luck with your project. My only regret on my driver side rear window is that its not installed higher to allow more room above the sink and cook top. I hope you post some pics- its always very helpful to see what others are doing.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I noticed your heat under the drivers seat. Is it functional? Webasto?
Yes, it is a Webasto Air Top 2000 STC. No, I do not have it connected to the fuel tank yet nor is it wired. I have anther thread on the forum on the installation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts