Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ABS and ESP disabled on the way home and went into limp mode as well based on a faulty wheel sensor. Will pull wheel tomorrow and check connections. My question is is this a covered item with the MB ELW should I find it requires replacement? Thanks

·
Registered
Metris Cargo 135 2020
647 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
I personally would say you are covered, and that this is part of the traction, stability, drive system.

Interestingly enough for the Sprinters, the wheel speed sensor warranty has been extended to 10 years ... https://sprinter-source.com/forums/index.php?threads/95115/#post-995404
The ELW summary sheet for my 2018 seems a bit more limited -- I think the OP has a 2017? See attached.

COVERAGE INCLUDES: ENGINE, TRANSMISSION, REAR AXLE, AUDIO SYSTEMS, COOLING SYSTEM, CLIMATE CONTROL, TOWING

Attachments

·
Registered
995 Posts
Crikey … that is limited!

I guess MB & Google gave me the generic one, not the one for vans? … which may have different coverage passenger vs cargo and thus commercial use?
Found the full text on our site here.

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ok, so I have 2017 Metris. Both my rear speedsensors failed and were covered by Extended Warranty. The service people seemed to be very aware of the problem (lynnwood, WA).
call your dealer and find out.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, so I have 2017 Metris. Both my rear speedsensors failed and were covered by Extended Warranty. The service people seemed to be very aware of the problem (lynnwood, WA).
call your dealer and find out.
Been waiting hours for a call back from my dealer service. Went ahead and ordered the aprt online anyway.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As a follow up, the dealership finally let me know after much research (6 hours worth), the repair was covered under the ELW. Too late to cancel my part order though.

·
Registered
946 Posts
They should have never spent that much time. Go into coverage check, get fault code (internal mb one), run it in the system - instant covered/denied. 3min tops. They are incompetent.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not just that. I cancelled my part order due to delays and scheduled Mercedes to do the repair while I wait. I arrive at the scheduled time to be told they are backed up and I should leave it overnight. I informed them the sensor swap should take all of 15 minutes. They said we'll see what we can do. 5 1/2 hours later they finally got to my van. There was another customer waiting for a TPMS to be installed in one wheel. She had to wait 7 hours. Next time I'll do it myself.

·
Registered
210 Posts
ABS and ESP disabled on the way home and went into limp mode as well based on a faulty wheel sensor. Will pull wheel tomorrow and check connections. My question is is this a covered item with the MB ELW should I find it requires replacement? Thanks
I've experienced same exact issue with only 15K miles :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts