Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I factory-ordered my 2016 Metris from the Santa Rosa, CA MB dealer, more than 800 miles away from home, because the van upfitter (GTRV) is near the dealer and the dealer offered a fleet discount on the van price. After upfitting, I brought the van home and immediately bought a service contract through the local MB dealer. It has all worked out very well--exceptional treatment in both places.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I factory-ordered my 2016 Metris from the Santa Rosa, CA MB dealer, more than 800 miles away from home, because the van upfitter (GTRV) is near the dealer and the dealer offered a fleet discount on the van price. After upfitting, I brought the van home and immediately bought a service contract through the local MB dealer. It has all worked out very well--exceptional treatment in both places.
So, purchasing the service contract locally seems to be the best way to placate the local dealer. I had not thought of that. Thank you, very much.

·
Registered
401 Posts
If you get a price from a dealer faraway I wouldn’t see why a local dealer wouldn’t match it or even try to do better. I went about 15 miles away from where I live but that because local dealer don’t have metris.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Dealers need to meet their volume quotas and receive additional incentives when they are met or exceeded. Local dealer does not want to lose a sale to another dealer if at all possible unless they are in a captive market, know they can sell their inventory at a premium then your bargaining power is limited. They will make the argument we provide service. Service depts are on their on P&L. Sales and service do not support each other. Don't fall into that trap.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I guess it depends on the dealership. I purchased as well from the dealer close to my customized Keystone Coachworks out of Eugene Oregon 3000 miles away. My local dealer understands and has been great.

Since an RV is a long term buy an extended warranty seems like a good idea. I never thought that maybe you could buy locally and have it delivered to the customized if possible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts