Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has to be one of worst vehicle I have every owned. Always something popping up on the dash. 2016 metris with only 14,000 miles on it. Never I had this many pop up ever even on cars with over 50,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Mine did it too. It just means your pads are getting lower and the calipers are requiring extra fluid and making the level lower. But, 14000 miles does seem a little early.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well my van is at the dealer getting service I told them about the break fluid warning and they sent me a pic of my break pads warn out completely. I still find it shocking with 14,226 miles I needed new pads front and back. I had an f150 towed 8,000lbs everyweekend 200 mile round trip and the breaks got replaced at 36,000 miles. Oh well got to get done.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Mercedes vehicles are known for the rapid brake wear; The reason is that they choose stopping power over low wear more so than other companies. It is a compromise between the two in most cases. It does sound a little excessive even by Mercedes standards however.

If you were looking for Break Fluid, I have heard that Coca-Cola is known to destroy whatever it comes in contact with for a long period of time.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Brake pad wear really has a lot to do with how the vehicle is driven.....and where its driven. My Metris has 5k on it and the pads have barely any wear...probably easily 85% remaining....pretty good considering 80% of its driving is city! At that rate we should easily see 35-40k+ miles on a set, which is about average for brakes on most MB's.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don’t drive hard at all. In nyc you can’t even go over 25 mph you be welcome home by a ticket in the mail. I guess this isn’t abnormal so I’ll take it for what it is. Let’s see what happens in another 14,000 miles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts