Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just over 2500 miles and my metris sounds like it hasn't had brakes done in 5 years. Any recommendations? Any similar experiences? Also the passenger side turn signal keeps falling out.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
A Daimler engineer once said "Germans don't care if their brakes squeak so long as they work. Americans don't care if their brakes work so long as they don't squeak!"

·
Registered
299 Posts
Just over 2500 miles and my metris sounds like it hasn't had brakes done in 5 years. Any recommendations? Any similar experiences? Also the passenger side turn signal keeps falling out.
Mine was squeaking almost after I bought my van last year, specially at slow speed. Complaint to my dealer twice and they said they couldn't hear anything??? I gave up.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Those are covered 12mos, 12000miles
Have them replace them!
#warranty
Insist they find it. Drive them if need be. You know how many brakes I've done under warranty?

Also, if the turn signal isn't holding, have em replace it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback guys! Have to make an appointment to get it in. I think the turn signal is missing a clip

·
Registered
67 Posts
Soooo... My breaks are squealing pretty loud now(1,200miles) and the volume knob stopped working? The steering wheel controls work fine, but the knob just gave up... Anybody have any thoughts or do I just take it in?

P.S. There is a single bolt in the passenger door that is rusting. Seems to be a poor galvanization or electroplating on it. Should I bring that up as well?

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Bring up enverything no matter how small. Even if you aren't sure it's a problem. If they don't explain how it's not a problem satisfactorily, complain. If they don't fix it, complain again and be more insistent.

Seriously. Everything that goes wrong once your warranty is over is going to cost you a fortune. Don't pay for any defective parts that break!

Rust anywhere is unacceptable, paint issues are not acceptable. The radio knob breaking is unacceptable. The brakes squeaking in the wrong manner is unacceptable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts