Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Had same issue and dealer checked at 15k service. Said brake dust was the culprit and they cleaned it up - no more squeaking.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
2017 Metris cargo -Squeaky brakes 1044mi dealer says normal ! What do you guys think! T.Y.
Hi Thomasyessen,
This is not normal. First, identify what type of noise it is. Hi pitched Squeak or low groan. And also see if there is any rust developing on the pads. All noise is vibration that you can hear. Here is a product we include in all our NRS brake pads that cancels any noise. The Piston Cushion:

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
436 Posts
@NrsBrakes I'd recommend that you avoid digging up old threads for the purpose of injecting marketing. You may not be a forum user, but the majority of people are turned off to this approach when it's obvious. You may want to avoid anything older than 30 days. Its possible to blend better esp if you offer some help that is product agnostic.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Wholeheartedly agree with member ponce. This is the wrong forum etiquette to take for a supposedly new sponsor. As Snoop Dogg would say, "Ashley, you're way out of pocket for this."

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
@NrsBrakes I'd recommend that you avoid digging up old threads for the purpose of injecting marketing. You may not be a forum user, but the majority of people are turned off to this approach when it's obvious. You may want to avoid anything older than 30 days. Its possible to blend better esp if you offer some help that is product agnostic.
Wholeheartedly agree with member ponce. This is the wrong forum etiquette to take for a supposedly new sponsor. As Snoop Dogg would say, "Ashley, you're way out of pocket for this."

Hi folks, sorry we're new to the forum environment and upon searching for the term, "Brakes" we found this thread that appeared to have gone unanswered so we shared our insight on the topic. Particular attention may not have been given to the date of the thread, but seeing as we are subject matter experts on brakes we felt compelled to answer as we want to take an educational approach with our forum sponsorship. However, now we know and will gladly respect the forum etiquette :)

Just wanted to share a cool project we did with a highly regarded YouTube channel, ChrisFix! He shared every step of the way on how we manufacture brake pads, we think you'll enjoy watching: How Brake Pads are Made

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
436 Posts
Well, I like howthingsaremade videos. Seems like a paid segment. Nothing wrong with that really. I only wish it was stated.

Not sure that this has anything to do with this two year old thread. I'm also failing to see the importance of your product. I've done way over 2k pad replacements in my life and haven't really ever seen any issues with rust impacting performance in a car that is driven on any regular basis. In fact I have a couple of cars that haven't moved in a couple of years. Their pads look fine. I also haven't seen any real pad delamination for a couple of decades. When I was a kid I had issues with the cheap pads I put on my 68 Camaro, but I stopped buying the no name brand from Schucks...

Clever you use a mechanical attachment, but I don't really care how they are attached. However, sucks for the person that runs their pad down to your shark spikes.

There, I gave you an opportunity to pitch your product and discuss them in depth. Do you feel the price that is roughly 3x the other available pads is translated to performance, lifetime or style?

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Well, I like howthingsaremade videos. Seems like a paid segment. Nothing wrong with that really. I only wish it was stated.

Not sure that this has anything to do with this two year old thread. I'm also failing to see the importance of your product. I've done way over 2k pad replacements in my life and haven't really ever seen any issues with rust impacting performance in a car that is driven on any regular basis. In fact I have a couple of cars that haven't moved in a couple of years. Their pads look fine. I also haven't seen any real pad delamination for a couple of decades. When I was a kid I had issues with the cheap pads I put on my 68 Camaro, but I stopped buying the no name brand from Schucks...

Clever you use a mechanical attachment, but I don't really care how they are attached. However, sucks for the person that runs their pad down to your shark spikes.

There, I gave you an opportunity to pitch your product and discuss them in depth. Do you feel the price that is roughly 3x the other available pads is translated to performance, lifetime or style?
Thanks for the feedback. The importance of mechanical attachment is that it allows the backing plate to be Galvanized. Traditionally, you have to glue the friction onto the raw steel backing plate and then paint it. As paint chips away, raw steel is exposed causing rust and corrosion and in extreme cases it will result in rust jacking shown here: Brake Pad Delamination Due To Rust Jacking - Safe Braking

Depending on where you live rust and road salt can be a major issue. Also in high heat stops or panic stops, high temperatures can cause brake paint to burn off and sometimes affect the glue bond between the friction and the steel causing separation and edge-lift, which will most certainly lead to noise and vibration, and in advanced stages, will cause delamination and chunking of the friction. Some OEM applications (like mid to full -size trucks and vehicles that may carry a heavy payload) will always ONLY design a brake pad with mechanical attachment for these reasons.

Lastly for the price issue, most people do not fix their own cars and pay for the “Brake job” and not brake pads alone. With ZERO standards for Aftermarket brake pads, as we keep getting more and more products from offshore sources with significantly lower quality the North American consumer is having to do significantly more brake jobs than necessary. Frost and Sullivan studies that show this data over the last 10 years. With NRS Brakes lasting over double and sometime triple the life of traditional painted pads, most consumers save money on their brake jobs in the end.

Thanks for the opportunity to share.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts