Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So at 3 years, I’m planning on doing the exchange. I use a Motive power bleeder. Anything special doing this on the Metris? Everything I find shows it’s just like any other vehicle in this regard.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I went ahead and did it. ATE SL6 fluid and the Motive for the win.

It was a lot easier to see the transition when ATE Super Blue was available. The blue to orange was excellent. I used to alternate every change.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I almost bought that system but bought the motive power bleeder..holds a liter or more. What didn't you like about the motive? Both are great. I have and love Hazet products.

·
Registered
583 Posts
So let me get this straight... you don't need to use MB Dot 4 PLUS brake fluid? My fluid is low because I need to get brakes replaced, so I'm going to just have mechanic flush/exchange the brake fluid.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So let me get this straight... you don't need to use MB Dot 4 PLUS brake fluid? My fluid is low because I need to get brakes replaced, so I'm going to just have mechanic flush/exchange the brake fluid.
nope, any Dot 4. I’m partial to ATE.

Reactions: MOWO

·
Registered
583 Posts
Thanks! I learned a lot of my first real paid brake job! I went with Pentosin Super DOT 4.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts