Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All-
I'm going down a road that lots of others have gone down and I wish I could turn back. I've got a 2016 Metris. Took it to MB dealer and paid $2200 to get a hitch installed.... and the brake controller doesn't work. I didn't know to ask whether or not all 7 pins of the connector they install would work. Is that on me? **** no. I'm livid at the dealer. Leaving that aside for now, I need to figure out how to get this thing to work.

The RF Tekonsha seems like the way to go, but as far as I can tell, that product has been discontinued. Does anyone know where to buy one?

If I can't get the RF one, what's the recommend course here? The dealer won't/can't do it. One of the hitch shops around here says they won't touch it because the wiring guide says 'dealer only' (are you f-ing kidding me??). Can a hitch shop do it all, using a conventional wired brake controller? Or is it just not possible in the 2016 Metris?

Any help here would be hugely appreciated! Happy to post more info about wiring etc, but I'm really over my head here, so if I should provide more info, just let me know what, and I'll do my best.

·
Registered
18 Posts
jacobbdrew. I was in the same boat but found a new in-box Tekonsha on EBay. A little risky maybe, but it showed up in fine shape and paired without incident. Like you, I really didn’t want to have to go with a wired solution so I think totally worth the risk. Hopefully you can find one around somewhere.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts