Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I am a new 2016 Metris cargo van owner
I use the van for my electrical contracting business, and just got it up fitted by the dealer for shelves and racks. However there is a hump or step between the seats in my Metris Others I have seen at the up fitter do not have this, does anyone know what is in there? I was looking to put a cab desk there however this step makes it too high for anything to fit properly. Any answers would be appreciated, Thanks

·
Registered
188 Posts
See the "Comsole" thread, lots of good info.

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
If you have it, it is an air vent to the back. I have no idea why you would have it.

Why not construct a desk of your own? You can make it as high or low as you want. Plywood, cover it in batting and vinyl from Jo-Anne's or similar. You can even design it to bolt laterally into the seat bases and not worry about the floor.

·
Registered
75 Posts
You would think some company would be offering a center console for the Metris by now. Something that matches the rest of the cabin and has a locking compartment, (a combination lock would be cool). I commented about this in the other thread also.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I FOUND IT!!! Mercedes Metris Center Storage Console

mentereos-automotive.myshopify.com/products/motexion-lockable-centre-console-mercedes-benz-vito

I've been searching for this thing for weeks. I'm calling around tomorrow to see if I can import. Will post back when I find out what's going on.

I need this set up so badly to put change, phone, pens, water, gum, tacos, you name it.

It's beyond comprehension why this isn't available in the states.

PLUS IT LOCKS. I almost dropped my laptop when I found this.

If you're thinking about the Metris, let me just say I'm so frickin happy with this cargo van. It's like an Astro but even cooler. Plenty of space for a service guy (I do HVAC). Those city vans like the ford are just too small for me personally, but they do have their use and are a good choice for a lot of people. I just love this thing, so happy.

Attachments

·
Registered
525 Posts
We await your person review!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts