Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure to post it here or somewhere else but no way to open both sliding doors from outside, inside or using the buttons.

May be Rob can help: is it just a fuse somewhere? I don't want a trip to the dealer for this if it is.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I have zero experience with the electric sliders and ordered mine without for this particular reason. Since I'm ahead at work (And its my Birthday, and you spelled it Rob with 1 B) I'll look up the fuse, but I'm thinking its probably something more

·
Registered
939 Posts
My name is Robert or Robbie. Shortened its Rob.

And thanks for rubbing that Birthday paid day off in ****!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wrong again about your name, Robert!:frown:

And thanks for rubbing that Birthday paid day off in ****!
You're welcome. I'm enjoying it every year and if it's on weekend I can choose either Friday or Monday off. Happy working birthday again!>:D

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't do anything yet and they're working again when I went to lunch?????

Shouldn't I take it to the dealer? I just don't want carrying passengers in the back and they won't be able to get out excepting climbing thru the front doors and my parents are over 80 not easy to do that.

·
Registered
81 Posts
My wife insisted that we get the electric sliders, which I'll admit are awfully convenient - though I do worry about just this kind of breakdown. But hey, that's what the extended warranty is for!

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have zero experience with the electric sliders and ordered mine without for this particular reason. Since I'm ahead at work (And its my Birthday, and you spelled it Rob with 1 B) I'll look up the fuse, but I'm thinking its probably something more
Happy Birthday. But I'm confused is it Robb or Rob? haha

·
Registered
43 Posts
My break about a year of use, the door acting funny for a while and one day, it just gives up, jam in the middle. Bring to the dealer and the dealer told me that the rail is bent and the motor is burn. I waited 3 weeks for them to fix it since the parts it coming from Europe. That is early 2017 and late 17 the door is slower than usual and if it parks uphill, you need to give a door a push in order to open the door. Bring it the dealer and the dealer said there is something wrong with the motor, that is another two-week wait, but this time I can still drive the van because the door is still working, not jam. I guess the automatic door is not designed to open on uphill or downhill.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I honestly have no idea what you guys are talking about. I gotta bad back. And even on a decent slope all it takes to throw the thing closed a throw of the arm or wrist.

I would pay extra to get rid of power sliders.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts