Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a message indicating my blind spot assist is inoperable along with a message to check my right rear tail lamps.
Sure enough, the right rear taillight and turn signal are not working.

I located the fuse for the bling spot assist and it is intact. I cannot for the life of me determine where the fuse is for the rear taillight in my 2016 Worker.

This all happened after the battery under the drivers seat was run down, but I'm flummoxed. Coincidence?
The indicator in the passenger mirror is illuminated.

I see a few previous postings asking for the location of the tail-lamp fuses but I didn't see any response. I've been thru the entire fuse allocation diagram on my van but don't see a listing for the rear lamps anywhere...

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
There are only three bulbs in the right rear tail lamp; the reverser, the fog, and the tail/brake/turn. I would guess you got a blown bulb. Changing it is fairly easy.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so, I am curious, would a blown bulb affect the blind spot assist?

I've heard rumors of this kind of stuff affecting other systems but I find it a bit unbelievable that a bulb burngi out would affect the blind spot assist ???

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
so, I am curious, would a blown bulb affect the blind spot assist?

I've heard rumors of this kind of stuff affecting other systems but I find it a bit unbelievable that a bulb burngi out would affect the blind spot assist ???
I don’t think a bulb out has anything to do with the BSA sensor failing, although it is possible that an electrical spike of some kind did take both of them out together. However people can tear their hair out running on an automatic assumption of the relationship of two seemingly simultaneous but unrelated events.

Since I think it likely that it is a bulb (when my bulb went out and all three warnings popped up, my first thought was “failed tail lamp module”- all MB products I have owned heretofore had entirely separate bulbs for tail, brake, and turn), I would first make sure that it isn’t the $3 bulb before concentration on what in damnation would cause this particular proposed double failure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
When you all say “bulb” do you mean old fashioned incandescent bulb with a filament? My Metris is on order so I have assumed that everything is LED.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mystery solved... the bulbs were fine, but never located the fuse.
At any rate it turns out that while I was installing toe corner piece of the headliner I buggered the harness with a drill.
A little solder and heat shrink later and all is once again well in van land.
Was a bit of a challenge as there ain't much slack in the harness to work with.
Here is a photo of the installed piece headliner

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ahh... so here is the deal..

Those holes are backed up by a 1/4 nuts glued to the backside of the 3/8" panel. They are there so I can mount whatever I decide to mount there...

The diamond plate is simply heavy duty vinyl flooring.
Underneath the floor is a cargo slide by cargo-ease.com
The top of the platform is our sleeping platform. Below is where we stash all the gear. I also built a couple of little cubbies in the stepwell of each door.
We have a 2 room tent that goes off the back of the van which is also stored below the sleeping area.
On the panel there you see my Renogy battery monitor and the CO detector as well as the switches for the led lighting, fan and aux ports.
Also, under the floor are 6 10L Sceptre water cans and a 200Ahr AGM battery and charging setup.

Basically this is set so I can take a 3 day trip with the wife and the MTBs.

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
1,438 Posts
Love the L-track AND on the ceiling. Maybe you were an airman? Very nicely done.

I'm considering a slide for a similar reason. I thought to do a rear slide and a two way slide at the doors that is removable and anchored to the seat tracks. How was it working with cargo-ease?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm happy with the cargo ease. I got a 3/4 slide unit.
This means I had to put a hatch in the floor to access the first 1/4 of the unit.
No issue really. The full slide was more $$ than I felt appropriate.

I welded tabs on it to match the cargo rail locations in the floor and it is solid as can be.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1 - 16 of 16 Posts