Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my '18 135" cargo van today after 6.5 months! Freakin' love this thing, worth the wait. Drives way nicer than my Sprinter or Transit. I was wondering if anyone's replaced just the head unit and found it worthwhile to do so? I'm actually pretty happy with the factory sound right now, but couldn't help and wonder.

I was looking at these: https://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/alpine-halo9-radio-apple-carplay-android-auto-ilx-f309

Reminds me of the HU that's in the passenger Mercedes cars. Any input/advice is much appreciated, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I just picked up my '18 135" cargo van today after 6.5 months! Freakin' love this thing, worth the wait. Drives way nicer than my Sprinter or Transit. I was wondering if anyone's replaced just the head unit and found it worthwhile to do so? I'm actually pretty happy with the factory sound right now, but couldn't help and wonder.

I was looking at these: https://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/alpine-halo9-radio-apple-carplay-android-auto-ilx-f309

Reminds me of the HU that's in the passenger Mercedes cars. Any input/advice is much appreciated, thanks in advance.
You're killing me -- post some pics of the 135 WB, mine's on order since January, assembly 6/10. I haven't found or seen a 135 anywhere in SoCal.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure I'll take some pics and post them this weekend. My van was on the east coast and done earlier this month, but finding transport to get it over here proved to be an issue and caused some delay. Hopefully you won't run into that when yours arrives.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Sure I'll take some pics and post them this weekend. My van was on the east coast and done earlier this month, but finding transport to get it over here proved to be an issue and caused some delay. Hopefully you won't run into that when yours arrives.
What was your build date?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't remember the "build date", just that it was finished building around mid March, arrived in SC early April and was finished being re-assembled late April. Hope that helps!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts