Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who here has used a memory card in the slot of the stock Metris "Audio 15", for music playback? If so what is the best kind and brand to get? The Audio 15 manual says SD or SDHC, 32 GB max.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
401 Posts
Get a class 10 SDHC card....much faster and better longevity. Anything from 16-32GB is going to hold a LOT of music.

Reactions: Reese

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a good idea on the music storage. I'm currently using a 16 GB thumb drive in the USB port and it has ~150 albums loaded on to it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
REMROB:

I got a Sandisk Extream today. For storing music files does this memory card need any kind of formatting? Seems like the memory card I use in my Canon digital SLR has to be formatted. Maybe this application is different? Thanks.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I did before I started uploading my music to it, its a good idea IMHO to do for new cards and occasionally to older cards.

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
I use Bluetooth audio via my phone. This has several advantages:

1) I have access to my entire music library on my phone which is currently more than 16 gigs

2) I download and rip from records, tapes, and CDs frequently; this is added to my music library, which thus gets on to my phone. And through iCloud this ofcourse applies no matter whether I do it on my current phone, my old phone that I use as a music player, our tablets, desktop, or laptop.

3) I don’t have to worry about connections and it doesn’t occasionally force reset my phone when I am just going through a playlist in order, as opposed to just listening to random selections from the whole collection

4) the phone is effectively free- insomuch as i would have bought this phone anyway, whereas I’d have to buy the USB or SD specifically for this purpise.

5) sometimes I wish my home stereo (a 1963ish Fischer Philharmonic) had Bluetooth streaming. Or a CD player. Or a tape deck for that matter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts