I got a Sandisk Extream today. For storing music files does this memory card need any kind of formatting? Seems like the memory card I use in my Canon digital SLR has to be formatted. Maybe this application is different? Thanks.
I use Bluetooth audio via my phone. This has several advantages:
1) I have access to my entire music library on my phone which is currently more than 16 gigs
2) I download and rip from records, tapes, and CDs frequently; this is added to my music library, which thus gets on to my phone. And through iCloud this ofcourse applies no matter whether I do it on my current phone, my old phone that I use as a music player, our tablets, desktop, or laptop.
3) I don’t have to worry about connections and it doesn’t occasionally force reset my phone when I am just going through a playlist in order, as opposed to just listening to random selections from the whole collection
4) the phone is effectively free- insomuch as i would have bought this phone anyway, whereas I’d have to buy the USB or SD specifically for this purpise.
5) sometimes I wish my home stereo (a 1963ish Fischer Philharmonic) had Bluetooth streaming. Or a CD player. Or a tape deck for that matter.