Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting my first set of new tires put on next week. I'm wondering where everyone has got a good alignment at other than the dealer? Are national chains recommended?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just got bigger wheels and tires for my Metris. The local dealership is charging $400 for alignment. Is this the norm from everyone's experience? Anybody have any suggestions in the Dallas Texas area?

·
Registered
248 Posts
I tried to get mine aligned at a couple of places but they couldn't get it done, Took it to the dealer and they even had to do it twice. Might be a good idea to save time and go straight to the dealer.

·
Registered
86 Posts
You can take a look at my Toe-in or Toe-out thread for some info about alignments. The last alignment I had was at a Big O. I had a good experience there but I can't imagine that would always be the case at the national chains. Probably worth the time to call dealers as well as outside shops and spend some time actually talking to the person that will do the alignment. You might be able to weed out the ones to avoid.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I ended up doing the alignment at Southwest Auto in Dallas. They have experience with various European vehicles as well as the Sprinter van. I saved quite a bit going through them. After 3 months so far my tires are driving smoothly and evenly.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just to update. I got it aligned at the dealer. $180.
Added some MB wiper blades and a MB $125 off 250 service coupon for total $137.48 out the door.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts